Cross of the Year (52 cards)

poivre

I haven't had time to try this. It says for the complete Minor Arcana and it's a 52 cards card spread. It's out of the book Gypsy by Raymond Buckland. I suppose you would just take out the Pages and this would work fine. Happy reading for those who attempt this.Enjoy!

" No Significator is used. The Querent shuffles the deck and then you lay them out in threes, one set below the other, for twelve rows. In line with the sxth and seventh rows, lay two cards ( one above the other) to the left; two to the right; two to the left; two to the right; and so on until all cards have been laid down.
As stated, the rows of three in the vertical column represent the months; the first (top) row being January, second row February, and so on. At the "arms" of the cross, the first four cards (two outer columns on the far left of the main vertical) represent Spring, the second four ( next to the main vertical ) Summer, then the first four on the right Fall, and the last four Winter.

The "months" are read first, then the "seasons" are consulted for additional information affecting the three months in that season."

Sp=spring, Su=summer, Fa=fall, Winter=winter

-------------Jan-----------
-------------Feb-----------
-------------mar-----------
-------------Apr------------
-------------May-----------
--SpSpSuSuJunFaFaWiWi---
--SpSpSuSuJulFaFaWiWi---
-------------Aug-----------
-------------Sept----------
-------------Oct------------
-------------Nov-----------
-------------Dec-----------

Virgowitch

ummm...

lol, im sorry to say that ur idea has confused me! but dont worry, ill do a readin and figure it out

luisa8195

Little confused

I see this reading calls for the complete minor arcana (52 cards). However, doesn't the complete minor arcana total 56 cards? If you take the 4 suits, with all of the cards in each suit (14 cards each), that equals 56. I really want to try this one because my birthday was on the 8th.

It seems like a great spread to try, so let me know before it gets too late. Thanks a bunch!!
Lisa

rwcarter

I'm guessing this spread was designed for playing cards, which is why it only uses 52 cards. Tarot users have four options as I see it:
  • remove the Pages
  • leave the Pages in and end up with 4 unused cards
  • leave the Pages in and use 5 cards for each of the seasons so that there are no unused cards
  • use the whole deck and end up with 26 unused cards

HTH,
Rodney

AprilFool

Like this?

--------------------------1----2----3 -------------------------
--------------------------4----5----6 -------------------------
--------------------------7----8----9 -------------------------
------------------------ 10—-11---12 -------------------------
------------------------ 13---14---15 -------------------------
---49--45---41—-37-—--16—--17---18-----39---43---47---51--
---50—46—-42—-38—---19----20---21-–---40—-44—-48-—52---
------------------------ 22---23---24 -------------------------
------------------------ 25---26---27 -------------------------
------------------------ 28---29---30 -------------------------
------------------------ 31---32---33 -------------------------
------------------------ 34---35---36 -------------------------

rwcarter

Yes, that's how the original spread would be laid out with 52 cards assuming that the Pages were removed.

jupitergreenmoone

rwcarter said:
Yes, that's how the original spread would be laid out with 52 cards assuming that the Pages were removed.

Couldn't you just remove the aces, leaving the full court intact?

rwcarter

jupitergreenmoone said:
Couldn't you just remove the aces, leaving the full court intact?
Yup. If you're the reader, you can use the spread however you like. If keeping the Courts together is more important to you than having the Aces, then that's what you should do.

Rodney