Professional Tarot Certification?

Queenofkingh

Hi,

Are there any tarot courses that are certificated?
Can you recommend and tarot schools or courses in London?

Thanks in advance

queeny

tarotbear

Queeny~

Certification has been hashed around in AT many times. I, for am, am totally against such a thing since I did try to get certified and found out all it was is a money-many venture on whoever thinks they can 'certify' you. IMHO - it's a load of crap.

Ask yourself what having this particular piece of paper on your wall is really all about. Then ask what purpose it will serve you.

Then go out and write your own book, like I did. :smoker: Oh - I never bothered to get certified. In my eyes, I already am.

TB

Dean

U.k

Hi there

Much of what Tarot bear is saying is correct, i have been certified for 2 levels on Tarot reading and the certificate is just nothing to really show for it?

Yes i think the idea is to make us Tarot readers know we can give readings without looking at a book, but if you have been reading Tarot for a number of years then having a piece of paper is really not going to prove anything to your-self is it?

If you still want me to pass on the certificator's details then pm me i will be happy to do so, but be warned it is not cheap and you would be better off spending the money on a few more Tarot books instead.

tarotbear

Deanres said:
if you have been reading Tarot for a number of years then having a piece of paper is really not going to prove anything to your-self is it?

My 'Apprentice' certificate actually has an EXPIRATION date printed on it! :eek: Since when does knowledge expire? :eek: Such things turned me off fast.

If you send me £50, I will send you a nifty certificate with a seal - suitable for framing. {Sorry for making fun of this, queeny, I'm sure your request is quite sincere. But the concept that such a subjective practice like Tarot can actually have people telling you (or selling you) what constitutes 'certified' needs a long, hard look before you sign any checques.}

gregory

I will send you a framable certificate for a mere £25. (This is called undercutting....) I will even put a GOLD seal on it. And a border. For an extra 50 cents, I will add a red ribbon.

Don't do it ! Look at the old threads about this; I'm sure they will put you off. Tarot courses - now there ARE some good ones of those - but they will NOT "certify you as a reader." Well, the good ones won't.

Shade

The only British Tarot certification I know of is the tarot association of the British Isles, and it's referred to as an endorsement rather than a certification. It might be something for you to explore.

http://www.tabi.org.uk/page.php?page=endorsement

Sophie

Just do it.

I've been to see several Tarot readers. I never even wondered if certification existed. I really don't care, as long as they can read.

I suspect most people who visit a tarot reader think that way.

Now I read and I have no intention of getting certified (really - keep that straight-jacket away from me :eek:)

But there are some good courses. If you feel the need for courses, you can go on one of those.

Just don't end up certified ;)

(my advice is free, but without the gold seal)

tarotbear

£ 7.50! - and free shipping to the UK!

poivre

I have a certificate because I wanted people to take me
seriously or for me to prove that I took a course. One or the other.
Also so I wouldn't feel "guilty" to charge for a reading and that's
another thread all together.

Not one person even cared. All they wanted was to pick the
cards and have a reading!

It's infomation and entertainment for some.

Do we care where the movie stars took their acting classes or
what certificates our doctors have? We don't ask.

The certificate is nice to have along with the many decks I don't
read with and I'm the only one in my spot of the country who cares!

Take Care!
ros :)