Temperance, feelings for someone else

Bronwyn1

What would you say Temperance as a person's feelings for someone? They feel you've got all they need?? Any ideas?

ScaryFairy

Maybe that they feel that the person makes them feel calm, helps them solves their problems and is a shoulder to cry on?
Just my opinion.
But I'd also agree with what you said.

PAMUYA

This card could mean that they feel that they have reached a feeling of compromise, or peace, or that they may need time to realize their feelings, or they feel very connected (blended) with this person.

vee

Temperance, I think, is a really beautiful card to draw for love. It suggests that the qualities of the two people blend together in a really harmonious way. I think of it more of an "adult", or lasting love than The Lovers.

So, as feelings for someone else, it's a really nice card. Perhaps it suggests that they are ready to make a real, lasting connecting.

Rob

Temperance could also warn that the person's feelings are too strong, advising him or her to ensure that it doesn't become an obsession and doesn't interfere with other parts of the person's life.

Another possibility is that the nature of the feelings is very wholesome, that the feelings are not just a wild passion but also true, meaningful affection. Temperance is arcanum 14 which reduces to 5, the Hierophant, who would advise a traditional and restrained approach to those feelings. Temperance also corresponds to Sagittarius, which implies to me that the person in question sees the big picture - takes the good and the bad and, no matter what, still cares for the other person. Sagittarius could also imply that the person in question feels on some level safe and secure with the person for whom he or she has feelings.

If you feel like really pushing the bounds of what makes sense (as I often do), then Temperance is also associated with the Hebrew letter Samekh whose gematria numerical value is 60, which reduces to 6, the Lovers! From that we could take that love is an underlying theme in these feelings regardless of their outward manifestation.

Just some thoughts!

SekhemNefer

Yep, like if a person hates you and now they have Temperance feelings, they are trying to mellow out the hate, calm themselves down. Doens't mean that they like you, or want to forgive and forget, bu they just don't want to waste their energies and time hating you and being focused on you. Obsessing over you. They are trying to control their anger.

Bronwyn1

I LOVE all of these interpretations! Some food for thought.
Thank-you so much guys! You know it's funny with a lot of card meanings, I know inside my head what they mean, but trying to explain it on paper can sometimes be a challenge.

Bronwyn XO