Ten of Cups

moon_shadow

I am a little unsure about what I just saw on this card. I've been using only the Gilded deck, but whatever reason, I picked up my only other deck "Llewellyn". I was looking through each card when I came across to the 10 of cups....

There are two children playing in the background to the left, and a couple embracing each other in foreground on the right. Anyways, I felt sure that this woman is the mother of children, but just didn't feel like the man she holds in her arms isn't their father. "An affair?!?!"

I am not liking it.. I mean.. 10 of cups is about happiness... why did I get this image in my head? :( Why am I not seeing it as she just ran up to her hubby as he came home and gave him a hug?

I did a search and am going through it.. looks like I have tons of threads to go through! Meanwhile, I thought I'd post this.

Can this card indicate such? Has anyone seen that on 10C?

moon_shadow

I just found a thread discussing about 10C.. someone there mentioned Cups are emotions not situations :) I was forgetting about that for a moment.

moon_shadow

thank you, SarahRose for posting the image. I can see a lot better than looking at my own card. :D

I don't know why I am still so fixating on the way the couple's holding each other but I can't see this particular card as totally happy card(right now) because of it :/ (To me, she even looks like she's weeping on his shoulder!)

maybe I need eye glasses

brenmck

The X of Cups can indeed be a troublesome card. I recently drew it in a three-card spread asking about my house-hunting, and up jumped the Devil right after it. I wondered if the X and Devil combination was warning me about wishful thinking, or to hold on to the thought but go a completely different direction in my search, because I was about to get swindeled, financially overloaded, whatever. I'm still trying to figure it out. (I would think the X was a great omen for a house-hunting venture, but then came this definite caveat.)

As for your reading, it would seem there is a strong unconscious warning going on about an important relationship, but I wouldn't limit this to SOs necessarily.

~B~

SarahRose

I can completely see the idea of the woman crying to him. I think it's the way it's drawn - I agree with its sad feeling. Like they're comforting each other.

"DAMN THAT RAINBOW!" <weeps>

;)

firecatpickles

The 10 of Cups can most certainly be about excess. It is the final culmination of desire and longing. What more could you possibly want --or for that matter get-- after you reach this point? It's all downhill from here.

It reminds me of that old song (by whom? The Eagles? Bad Company?): "After the Thrill is Gone"

Interesting take.

SarahRose

kilts_knave said:
The 10 of Cups can most certainly be about excess. It is the final culmination of desire and longing. What more could you possibly want --or for that matter get-- after you reach this point? It's all downhill from here.

It reminds me of that old song (by whom? The Eagles? Bad Company?): "After the Thrill is Gone"

Interesting take.

While I can definitely see your point, I take that stance on a more positive note. Yeah, it's all 'downhill' from there, but I see it more as "well, things can't always be this good, but we're going to stand in the sun and enjoy it while it's here and it's wonderful." It's like a sunny Saturday afternoon with a forecast of rain for Sunday. You know what that is as good as it's going to get before Monday rolls around again, but you'll revel in it when it's nice and sunny and you can.

star-lover

that's a lovely card there in that deck

to me it just shows total emotional security and a huge sense of peace and relief, and the way the couple are embracing is as if to say, thank god, we made it, we should count our blessings

that sort of thing

caridwen

I see what you mean about the Llewellyn card as it is a strange one. The family looks dysfunctional. The children are at a distance from their parents and separated from them and it does look as though the woman is hiding from something.

the way the couple are embracing is as if to say, thank god, we made it, we should count our blessings

This is a great way of looking at the card in its positive aspect because life will obviously have bumps in store and things cannot stay on such a blissful plane but they have made it this far and have achieved all they desire.