empress in relationships

wind

I see Empress indicating that the relationship will grow smoothly, by itself, we just need patience, like a preghant mother who awaits her child.
I feel it is a very positive card to get in relationships, what do you think?

I got this card as result of my relationship question - I will post the whole reading in the proper section, but for now I would really like to hear your take on this card or your experience with it!

Thank you,
love
wind

mystic mal

The EMPRESS means you have that motherly nurturing quality and want to look after whoever you are with..you are the perfect hostess,mother,nurse and take your partner under your wing and spoil them..Lucky them!
It will be a fruitful and prosperous partnership.

wind

Mystic mal,

you are spot on of how I feel!:) Exactly how you described, this is what I long to do and fulfill in being with someone. I do have tendencies to mother people I love:)

berrieh

Depends on the deck. In a lot of decks, I see her as purely sexual energy (in a good way). Love, creation, sex, nurturing, sharing...all of it fresh and exciting and exhilarating but often unorganized. For relationship questions, I often find she comes up more for the beginning or source of a relationship, than she does for a mature state of the relationship---often before there's any commitment, as she has no boundaries.

Of course, in a few of my decks, the Empress looks very matronly, and those tend to be a bit more sedate. But it speaks to continued passion.

satine

berrieh said:
Depends on the deck. In a lot of decks, I see her as purely sexual energy (in a good way). Love, creation, sex, nurturing, sharing...all of it fresh and exciting and exhilarating but often unorganized. For relationship questions, I often find she comes up more for the beginning or source of a relationship, than she does for a mature state of the relationship---often before there's any commitment, as she has no boundaries.

I agree. She is so free-flowing-- all emotion and passion. She's all woman-- a beautiful bird whose wings you wouldn't want to clip, or a butterfly you wouldn't want to tack to a board; that is, if you love her for who she is. I view marriage (though hopefully based on love) as a choice-- a rational commitment that requires very clear boundaries; every-day life can be grueling at times and requires more than just emotion, sensuality, and all those similarly beautiful things that do make life so enjoyable.

starrystarrynight

The Empress can also signify the woman of a man's dreams: the person who is both the nurturing mother as well as the fertile life partner all rolled into one.

But that would be as a person...as a signifying element of a relationship, I would agree with satine and berrieh, and the others, as well!