Knight of Cups as a Proposal?

siren85

hi there. I was wandering if any of you have thought of the Knight of Cups as representing a marriage proposal?

I was doing a reading for a friend who wanted to know if her boyfriend would ever propose to her. (I know, I shouldn't ask yes/no questions) So I drew one card and got the Knight of Cups.

I'm not too sure what to make of it. It doesn't seem like a definate yes, or a definate no really lol. I know the Knight/Cups is romantic, dreamy, sensitive, artistic... but he can also be over-emotional, moody and wishy-washy. But overall, I took it as a pretty good sign.

what do you think?

GoddessArtemis

Yes, definitely. This Knight, more so than any other in my opinion, can signify a proposal of sorts, if that's what you're asking about. He is romantic and bound to get on one knee. He does act based on his emotions, though, so the phrase that comes to mind is, "when the mood strikes".

GA

Bronwyn1

I have to agree with GA, but, have any of you every known this to happen? I almost always get this as a dreamer card. imho and it's really humble.

Hey GA how are things? 7 deg here!!! Quite tropical lol

siren85

Thanks guys. that makes sense. I guess maybe the knight/cups could be the type to propose in a flurry of emotion... not really thinking before he acts, he's so consumed with emotion.

GoddessArtemis

Well...I've had this card turn out to be true. Someone I'd dated got all Knight of Cups on me and proposed that we perhaps live together and move our relationship forward. That was certainly a proposal in our case. However, she then had a change of heart because the Knight of Cups in her was wishy-washy and not dependable. That can also be the case with the Knight of Cups...the inconsistent aspect, like the Moon...with it's cycles, ebbs and flows. This guy (the Knight) definitely follows his feelings. Let's hope that in your friend's case, this guy has other grounding aspects to his personality, so he'll stick to what he says. :D

Bronwyn1, weather is gorgeous here, just breezy enough to require a light jacket. I wish it'd always stay this way! I wouldn't mind your temp. either, though! :)

GA

Bronwyn1

I like how you put that. Don't forget they're knights. We all have diffent meanings that come up for this guy.. it's almost always me being a dreamer! You should maybe pull more cards.

cheers
Bronwyn

Bronwyn1

Hey Honey!! Still snow on the ground, but I can make it to the diving board of my pool and sit in the sun with a glass of wine!!

Bronwyn1

Bronwyn1 said:
I like how you put that. Don't forget they're knights. We all have diffent meanings that come up for this guy.. it's almost always for me being a dreamer! You should maybe pull more cards.

cheers
Bronwyn

ok lenthen lengthen

Bronwyn1

Sorry folks...I'm a rambler today.

star-lover

tricky one

the knight of cups would probably dream of and love to propose, but might chicken out, its probably the knight of pentacles that does so more likely

i guess it also depends what deck youre using
jmo