what could Death RX mean for the outcome of a relationship?

iulia

Hi, I did a reading for a woman concerned for her love life ( it was not a profesional reading just for a friend).
The question was : how will they as a couple be for the rest of the year? The outcome was Death rx. I told her that i think they will go on and get over their problems. Now, after she left I couldn t help thinking what is the foundation for them going on? Death as i see it is an end or change , often necessary, so is this card reversed good as an outcome ? What would be the difference from a couple that stay toghether on the basis of Temperance, or Strenght, or Lovers? Could the focus be on just not ending the relation ?

P.S some usefull background info : they are a couple for 4 years, he recently confessed to her that he feels a strong infatuation for another woman, like an obsession with her; that woman is not available. Interesting is that the cards I got for what does the other woman mean for him was Empress and what does my friend mean for him was Queen of Pentacles.

starrystarrynight

In a situation like you described, I think Death Rx might point to the need for change, but a resistance to it. I think this card says the relationship has died (at least at its core), but one or the other--or both of them--but most likely she--will resist letting it go on to die its natural death. Sometimes this happens over fear of the unknown--fear of what lies ahead for her--but more often, I think because she really just doesn't want to give up the relationship.

afrosaxon

I agree with SSN.

When I get this card, I usually interpret it as things are not changing anytime soon, for whatever reason; the status quo remains, things are stagnant.

Just my $.02.

T.

iulia

Yes , I was thinking the same thing, the outcome is about continuing , resisting change .

But the question for me is : is this a relationship that should have ended (Death) because is week , or not good for them ( but for whatever reason they don t change) or is a relationship that survived a near death experience because is a strong one and meant to survive ? So, my question is : does this card Death tells something about the very nature of the relationship, either that is doomed to end some day or that is so strong that can it survived such a trial.

Do you have experience with these two types of situations in readings?

Aladdin

Julia,
i often think of Death as a very magnetic card, just as the Devil can be very captivating in all sorts of ways. The reversed Death to me suggests that the magnatism of attraction has now failed and a natural ending is prevailing in this relationship.

Nova

Card-technically the reversed [13] does mean without consent, and in this situation is bigger than an unauthorized use of automobile. Another technicality is that the [3] Empress is a power that spins the Queen of Wands in "the other woman" capacity. She's the one that seems to tie his "value" as it were as an Ace of Pentacles. (which may or may not be on board, if it is it will be a linear opposite of the [3])
Now for human behavior. Queen of Pentacles confirms that she does his laundry and takes care of his mothering issues. But after only four years? She may be quite capable of re-inventing herself and get back to her own center. If a man confesses of an infatuation it only serves to intimidate (and is of a [6] Lovers nature) That golden chain on most cards is there for a reason. Such deliverance of "this is a secret I trust you with" is actually an emotional threat, and "gee, if I come home I'm doing you a favor... " The debate of course is if you really want to keep a woman and her as your soul mate, do you hide every indiscretion; 'Answer is, it may very well be worth it. As soon as he confessed what he said, she was diminished, demoted.
The other cards? [14] in a relationship may be that "somebody" gets their "fix" somewhere else. And if it is reversed as far as love, it can mean that someone is left "hungry" or without (like going to bed alone).
Strength [8] moves about impervious to the bond. Per reversals
[8] reversed is a huge betrayal but it is an unreliable card by itself, because it can be attached to the one person that is being said to be able to rise above this issue, If it falls later in the curl of the spread or to an ending, it can just mean that she will get a leash on her own inner rage and tell him to do his own socks.
nah, I'm not bitter....just old. lol

Gavriela

It's just trying to hold on and postponing the inevitable. Death - not a happy card for relationships, and rx doesn't make it better - it just drags things out.

Sorry, but this is one I can't put a good spin on, and Empress trumps QoP, too. Your friend is not going to be happy listening to him talk about his love for somebody else - as a previous poster noted, it's a form of emotional manipulation, and it's only going to get worse.

Blech, sorry, but that's what it looks like to me.

iulia

Great feedback, thank you

Julia,
i often think of Death as a very magnetic card, just as the Devil can be very captivating in all sorts of ways. The reversed Death to me suggests that the magnatism of attraction has now failed and a natural ending is prevailing in this relationship.

Yes i am afraid for my friend the energy of the Death card is not a good sigh
for them as a couple even if they are still toghether. To me it simply means one day they won t be anymore.

Card-technically the reversed [13] does mean without consent, and in this situation is bigger than an unauthorized use of automobile. Another technicality is that the [3] Empress is a power that spins the Queen of Wands in "the other woman" capacity. She's the one that seems to tie his "value" as it were as an Ace of Pentacles. (which may or may not be on board, if it is it will be a linear opposite of the [3])
Now for human behavior. Queen of Pentacles confirms that she does his laundry and takes care of his mothering issues. But after only four years? She may be quite capable of re-inventing herself and get back to her own center. If a man confesses of an infatuation it only serves to intimidate (and is of a [6] Lovers nature) That golden chain on most cards is there for a reason. Such deliverance of "this is a secret I trust you with" is actually an emotional threat, and "gee, if I come home I'm doing you a favor... " The debate of course is if you really want to keep a woman and her as your soul mate, do you hide every indiscretion; 'Answer is, it may very well be worth it. As soon as he confessed what he said, she was diminished, demoted.
The other cards? [14] in a relationship may be that "somebody" gets their "fix" somewhere else. And if it is reversed as far as love, it can mean that someone is left "hungry" or without (like going to bed alone).
Strength [8] moves about impervious to the bond. Per reversals
[8] reversed is a huge betrayal but it is an unreliable card by itself, because it can be attached to the one person that is being said to be able to rise above this issue, If it falls later in the curl of the spread or to an ending, it can just mean that she will get a leash on her own inner rage and tell him to do his own socks.
nah, I'm not bitter....just old. lol

wow....this is complex and i need time to digest everything but something interesting: in readings the other woman either turns out as the Empress or the Quenn of Wands :) and yes, my friend was very upset to hear that ( The Moon). I need a bit of extra explanations about something you said ...could his confession be actually an atack to her thought it may seem as an expression of trust and love?

Nova

yep

He's told the stable light house that there is a buoy out there. Her response should be "Fair thee well."

He's lowered the limbo bar so that although she may be bending over backwards, now she's got to bend harder.

Wonderwoman

Death has always appeared to me in readings as the Inevitable End.