Question about Empress Card

cera

Hello-

I have done several readings over the last 4 months for a couple. No matter what the presenting issue is (I typically do a free-association type reading - not a structured tarot spread) the empress card almost always comes up. This is if I am reading for the husband, or the wife, or both.

Now they currently have 1 child- the wife feels strongly she doesn't want anyore children (and has an IUD, so an oops isn't going to happen most likely). The husband does want another.

This card comes up when I'm reading about their relationship, or financial issues, ect.

Can you all give me some insight on why this is happening?

starrystarrynight

Probably because motherhood is a very big issue between the two of them.

ofbainbridge

Hello Cera,

Maybe it could be about the idea of natural growth, not just with conceiving and birthing of any child that they may have but natural growth between the husband and wife as well--- nurturing their relationship through this dispute without force and without any other part of their relationship suffering...
Its never just one soul being nutured - its all of them...parents too - through whatever their issues are...

Peace

afrosaxon

I agree with ofbainbridge.

I got the Empress (or rather, the NOVT version of it) in a personal reading in the "Me at current time" position...and I'm definitely not pregnant! :D

I interpreted as I'm in a period of growth...personal growth, and it could indicate finances as well.

T.

GreenMoonBeam

Much the same for me. No chance of pregnancy but I get the Empress card.
I am in a period of personal growth. And if I did the math correctly The Empress
is my personality card.

The crowned one

I lean towards starrystarrynight take, but would add that this card could be pointing out a need for MORE nurturing in thier lifes.

GreenMoonBeam

TCO, of course. The card is appearing in spreads because 'motherhood' is the
burning question for the couple? And to resolve matters, nurturing is needed?
Hmmm.

memries

The Empress is a lot of things. She also rules her kingdom very well and supports growth of activities around her. Maybe this person is just that type of person. She knows what she is doing and is going to do it.

The role of an Empress is to oversee as well. It may be she does this for her family. If she already has one child she is probably busy making sure she does it well and maybe she has consuming interests of another type.

Maybe he wants another child and not for the right reasons. Maybe she is really smart and knows that. I don't think the Empress is lacking in brain power either.

cera

thank you all for the insight...I do agree with the growth idea for this couple...and also the idea that another baby is a point of issue for them. I do feel that they will have another- but my friend is really against it right now...she's even selling all of their baby equipment in a garage sale next week!

morticia monroe

Out of the two of them, is she the dominant one? The one with the stronger personality?