Ze Empress, as ze situation or zeh actions??

MariaPeea

Hi!

So, I've been seeing a lot of this card lately, but never in a position I understand it in. I know that she represents nurturing, motherhood, strong female archetypes...but those are all personality traits. I don't understand the Empress in a position where she's a situation, or an action. What else does this card mean? I feel like I really like this card, so I'd like to understand it more.

Thanks!

SunChariot

MariaPeea said:
Hi!

So, I've been seeing a lot of this card lately, but never in a position I understand it in. I know that she represents nurturing, motherhood, strong female archetypes...but those are all personality traits. I don't understand the Empress in a position where she's a situation, or an action. What else does this card mean? I feel like I really like this card, so I'd like to understand it more.

Thanks!

Well if the Empress represents nuturing and caring, motherly qualities (which is my take on it too), then Empress actions, are nurturing, caring, unselfish kinds of actions. Some examples might be putting another's needs before your own, enjoying baking or cooking for loved ones, caring for another who is ill, standing up for someone, being there when needed, showing understanding and empathy, ...any caring or unselfish action would fit the bill.

How the Empress could represent a situation is a bit more complicated. I think that would depend a lot on the question.

It could conceivably mean a situation where the querent needs to make use of their Empress skills, like dealing with someone's anger...it could say the Empress skills of patience, caring, explaining things... could be what the situation demands.

The Empress is also about growth. Often there are plants growing nearby in the card or she is pregnant and her stomach is growing. So it could be a situation that is there to teach us to grow, that has some inner growth lessons inherent in it.

Or it could say that things are going to expand and grow in the situation itself. Whatever there is in the situation, there will soon be more of it. Like if you see someone you love once a month, maybe soon you will see each other once a week. Or if you are making money at your job, maybe soon you will get a raise and be making more money... like a growth in the number of times yuo see each other on a growth in the amount of money you are making...

Or it could say that the sitation is there to teach you important life lessons...mothers teach their children what they need to survive.

Or it could just be a situation that feels easy to you like s soft breeze, that feels loving, that makes you feel cared for.

It could be a situation that makes you feel truly connected to all of life and gives you a sense of oneness (just as we are all connected to our mothers inside before we are born)

Could be a situation that teaches you something. Or a situation in which you feel very connected to nature, very much a part of it. Or a situation where you feel your needs are anticipated and answered before you can even ask. Just like a mother feeds a baby before he is old enough to form the words to ask...

That was interesting, thanks for asking and giving my brain a workout. LOL The first part was easier for me, but the Empress situation really made me think. And I think this was an Empress situation right here for me. I learnt a lot from thinking all that out.

Those are my thoughts of what it could be at the moment. Just let your imagination soar, and I'm sure you can find some more to add to this list. :heart:

Just let your imagination go. Like if the Empress represents motherhood, then what qualities to mothers have and how can that be adapted to describe situations.

If the Empress is nuturing, then think about what nurturing to you, what qualiites does it break down into and again how that can be applied to situations. And whatever else you see the Empress as...

Have fun. :grin:

Babs

MariaPeea

Wow, that's awesome! I think that pretty much covers it. Thank you!! And I'm glad you took something out of this, too :D

Hannafate

The Empress occasionally represents gardening.

WalesWoman

A couple ideas...The Empress as a situation could be something pregnant with possibilities or something that will bear fruit.

An Empress situation is one that is nurturing, growing, safe, secure, full of life, protected or one that is gestational... like the seeds are planted and taking on life... a process that will take on a life of it's own...

I was also thinking as a situation, the Empress could represent spring and early summer, when things are just beginning to really take off and grow, with the promise of bursting out in bloom later in summer.