3 of swords reversed?

bleu

i did a reading and the outcome card was three of swords and it was the only card reversed can anyone explain what it means i know what it means when its not reversed but i need a better meaning when it is. love and peace, bleu

bec

Hi bleu,

Reversed 3S could mean that the dark times are in the past, the obstacle of 3 is over. The intuition and the heart once again speaks out freely without logically and ratinally thourghts interferring.

Or it could be, that after a long time trying to please everybody, the person comes to realize, that it´s only wearing him/her down, that it´s time to think of themselves for a change.

Look at your spread again, and think 3S is a card showing an obstacle ( well 3 actually ;D ) - when you read it reversed it should get you the solution or a positive outcome.

Hope this helps you a little :)

glamourbug

I always see the reversed three of swords as meaning a time when a situation starts to get better or a time when things can start healing/being healed. In this respect it also sometimes shows me minor surgery.

Lisa

blumoon

3 of swords rev to me is denying that you feel strong disappointment or emotional pain/grief, not wanting to deal with it

tarotbear

When the card is reversed the swords fall out of the heart. Eventually the heart can heal, but it may never stop hurting from the damage that was done. The person will have to learn to live with the pain that it happened, but must learn to move on.

Saleheim

To me it means pain overcome. Start of healing.

skytwig

tarotbear said:
When the card is reversed the swords fall out of the heart. Eventually the heart can heal, but it may never stop hurting from the damage that was done. The person will have to learn to live with the pain that it happened, but must learn to move on.
This demonstrates the importance of looking at the picture of the card.... when that horrid, bloody heart is reversed, the swords will fall out (Because the handles are heavy) ...... and then what? The heart is no longer stabbed, but it hurts.... :(

Flidais

skytwig said:
This demonstrates the importance of looking at the picture of the card.... when that horrid, bloody heart is reversed, the swords will fall out (Because the handles are heavy) ...... and then what? The heart is no longer stabbed, but it hurts.... :(
Which also brings up the issue of: Which deck are you using? In many decks, the 3 of Swords does not depict a heart with swords stuck in it. It seems to me that one would have to take that into account when making an interpretation, no?

Little Baron

Because the clouds are clearing, even though there is pain, I always seem things as starting to mend. When the card is reversed, I see a resisting to move on. Not letting things go. Holding onto stuff that if painful and should be left behind. Quite self-destructive.

LB

Cups

i'm new to tarot and I'm not sure how to read it too....
I get may in my spreads may for 2-3 days.....i'm asking about other persons ...is it possible that it reflects my feelings and situation more than some kind of answer to my questions....?
I now got it in a question about one colleague....does she knows what happened between me and I?
I took 3 cards and this is the last one....
the first card is clearly showing(when I saw it I was sure) that she knows ...10 of cups....but the then I took ace of swords reversed and last 3 of swords reversed.....
sorry for my messed up post :(