Emperor & Empress

Heavensent

Can the Emperor and Empress be people involved during a reading like the King and Queen is in the minor arcana or are the Emperor & Empress only situations?

star-lover

I think the majors are more archetypes and timeless truths and the minors are how these are experienced in our lives here on this planet - the minors show the nitty gritty

i so know i am going to be corrected here lol

having said that yes the empress can represent a real woman and the emperor a man but because we all have femininity/masculinity within us the empress can show a side of a mans nature and the emperor a side of a womans nature

Papageno

that has certainly been my personal experience.

jenessa

The Empress can represent an individual mother or the archetypal MOTHER in her role as caregiver. For instance: nurturing and caring for others; working with children; expressing tenderness.

The Emperor can stand for: an individual father or archetypal FATHER in his role as guide, protector and provider. The Emperor may also appear to signal: an encounter with authority or an authority figure. So this card may relate to "someone who is in a position of authority", such as a boss, or even the person who wears the pants in the family.

+ I've found that in readings the Empress or Emperor can occassionally refer to the querents mother or father.

Heavensent

Thanks for all of your replies. I was doing a reading for myself and had a strong feeling the Empress was me and the Emperor someone else so I just wanted to know if it was possible to have the Emperor & Empress to represent actual people.