Empress and Tower as Fears

MissCW

I was just wondering how you think these two cards work together as something somone would have a fear of?

They came up just yesterday in a reading I was doing for a friend about her partner. Is it a committment thing? Or a fear of women?

I even thought it could be a deep seated "mother" issue. Could this show a mother who in a way has given her child shaky foundations?

I thought this because in the same spread, in a position about his weaknesses, I drew Six of Cups/Queen of Pentacles which seemed to tie in.

This wasn't a relationship spread, it was just a spread about different aspects of him.

Thirteen

MissCW said:
I even thought it could be a deep seated "mother" issue. Could this show a mother who in a way has given her child shaky foundations?
Absolutely. Combined with Queen/Pents? Yes, some very deep seated mother issues that he is afraid to face. I'd imagine there's a very large "elephant in the room" regarding mom that no one talks about. A truth that everyone refuses to face or see.

Mom--or a mother-like woman--is a hot-button issue with this guy.

Papageno

I'd like to add that last night I did a very personal and intense reading for an associate of mine which revealed Queen penatcles - wicked step-mother-grasping woman. this has nothing to do with the original point of biological mother-son issues but the wicked step-mom thing is another interesting angle. just sharing.

Thirteen

trismegistus said:
I'd like to add that last night I did a very personal and intense reading for an associate of mine which revealed Queen penatcles - wicked step-mother-grasping woman. this has nothing to do with the original point of biological mother-son issues but the wicked step-mom thing is another interesting angle. just sharing.
Nice possiblity--though I think the Empress puts the emphasis more on someone who has been around for a while in the position of "mom" to this guy (whether biological or not)--as compared to a very evident step-mom.

Umbrae

MissCW said:
They came up just yesterday in a reading I was doing for a friend about her partner. Is it a committment thing? Or a fear of women?

I thought this because in the same spread, in a position about his weaknesses, I drew Six of Cups/Queen of Pentacles which seemed to tie in.
It could be simply taken as a fear/resistance to women in positions of perceived power, like a supervisor.

Papageno

Thirteen said:
Nice possiblity--though I think the Empress puts the emphasis more on someone who has been around for a while in the position of "mom" to this guy (whether biological or not)--as compared to a very evident step-mom.

trust me, in this case Queen pentacles-grasping-wicked-step-mom applied.
he confirmed all the ugly little details to me. discretion forbids me from revealing the reading in detail but suffice it to say this was like a soap opera. remember Dynasty? :laugh: trust fund litigation and all. :eek:

Thirteen

trismegistus said:
trust me, in this case Queen pentacles-grasping-wicked-step-mom applied.
he confirmed all the ugly little details to me. discretion forbids me from revealing the reading in detail but suffice it to say this was like a soap opera. remember Dynasty? :laugh: trust fund litigation and all. :eek:
Yikes! Sounds like a really interesting reading!

I wasn't, by the way, questioning your particular reading--only that in this case (the reading for this thread), the Queen/Pents is shored up by an Empress; and that might give it a different twist than if it was just Queen/Pents. Empress is less likely to grasp after trust funds--and more likely to want to control your life and treat you like a child, as moms do.

Although given that the Queen/Pents did show up, I do wonder if the weakness involved might have to do with mom providing money?

Given what you've said, Queen/Pents seems to be an astonishingly apt card for your particular reading, not only in the status of "mom" but in the trust fund element as well.

Adjustment

Perhaps this guy can't make this woman an empress, either he can't provide for her or maybe he can't have childrens, or it could be some hidden childhood abuse or being neglected by his mother that make him to be affraid of woman.

MissCW

Thanks for your insights. I was leaning towards the trauma in childhood/mum thing so I am glad other people agreed. Amazing how often the Queen of Pentacles has come up for people like this.

It was a strange reading this one, it was supposed to be quite light hearted to find out basically what my friend's boyfriend is about. But - and this has never ever happened to me before, I actually felt upset when I was reading them, nearly to tears.

I didn't tell my friend about my feeling about the childhood thing - because I didn't feel it was right to go there, after all he wasn't asking for a reading, she was. So I can't really confirm whether he has or he hasn't. Is this the right thing to do in this situation? I was sort of thinking until he tells her, its none of our business really.

Dulcimer

MissCW said:
I was sort of thinking until he tells her, its none of our business really.

CORRECT!