Vision Quest - Ten of Earth

Soaring Eagle

Description: There are ten plates with food that have been stacked and are spilling out their contents.

Significant Details: The plates of food seem to suggest plentitude, abundance, but they are spilling and overflowing into the surrounding area, suggesting waste.

My Interpretation: You will receive unexpected money soon. You will be tempted by this money gain to spend on luxuries. Your creativity will flourish. You have an abundance coming, things are overflowing for you.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: We have an inner peace from the 8, and have accumulated much during the time of the 9, so that we now have wealth in the 10.

I think this card is telling us that we have what we need, or soon will, but that we need to be careful not to allow things to go bad or we will return to the 7 (depletion). We are making achievements, but without care, we could lose all we have gained.

Lifeisabutterfly

What is very subtle and almost mythological about the imagery of this card is in my view anyway, how the tradition of family legacy is carried out. The abundance, wealth and prosperity spills out into the earth to be reused by future generations who will then also benefit from the endless generosity of the earth. If a wealth family has no more offspring into which to pour all it's riches, where will it go?
The suit of earth is all about material, practical issues, family, health, seeable touchable tastable things. These are all things which must never be allowed to go to waste, since as wordly they have expiration dates and cannot last forever. They are best valued, shared and used rather than hoarded or squandered thoughtlessly.
There is a myth in which the powerful fathers tells his son to cut off his head and bury him in the earth so the corn can grow to feed him and his family.
As you say, there is a risk of waste involved here so it must be shared and "recycled" into the new investments (family) to continue the cycle of prosperity.
Again, this draws a bit more on the RW system as far as my input goes, but all of a sudden the imagery you have brought to our attention is emphasized and explained in a very deep way! Now it makes more sense. Eagles do have a better overview of things....

Soaring Eagle

What is very subtle and almost mythological about the imagery of this card is in my view anyway, how the tradition of family legacy is carried out. The abundance, wealth and prosperity spills out into the earth to be reused by future generations who will then also benefit from the endless generosity of the earth. If a wealth family has no more offspring into which to pour all it's riches, where will it go?
The suit of earth is all about material, practical issues, family, health, seeable touchable tastable things. These are all things which must never be allowed to go to waste, since as wordly they have expiration dates and cannot last forever. They are best valued, shared and used rather than hoarded or squandered thoughtlessly.
There is a myth in which the powerful fathers tells his son to cut off his head and bury him in the earth so the corn can grow to feed him and his family.
As you say, there is a risk of waste involved here so it must be shared and "recycled" into the new investments (family) to continue the cycle of prosperity.
Again, this draws a bit more on the RW system as far as my input goes, but all of a sudden the imagery you have brought to our attention is emphasized and explained in a very deep way! Now it makes more sense. Eagles do have a better overview of things....

I know this is supposed to be a positive card, but honestly, the first thing I noticed was the waste. Yes, all the green is showing growth, but I noticed the spills first. I'm not sure why. The first time I saw this card I became depressed, wanted to cry. It wasn't until later when I really looked, that I found any benefit.

Lifeisabutterfly

Perhaps considering your relationship with the tradition and family issues in your life, which might only come out once in a while in unexpected ways such as you have just described now, since they are all in a subconscious under current. It might have to do with your thoughts and feelings regarding the fate of Natives and their history of waste and loss? It touches your heart somehow?
The message here in this imagery which I find brilliant and which you have pointed out to me: Nothing that falls into the earth is truly wasted. The earth knows what to do with it and it will show..later.

Soaring Eagle

Perhaps considering your relationship with the tradition and family issues in your life, which might only come out once in a while in unexpected ways such as you have just described now, since they are all in a subconscious under current. It might have to do with your thoughts and feelings regarding the fate of Natives and their history of waste and loss? It touches your heart somehow?
The message here in this imagery which I find brilliant and which you have pointed out to me: Nothing that falls into the earth is truly wasted. The earth knows what to do with it and it will show..later.

I truly don't know why this card affected me that way. It was just my initial reaction the very first time I saw the card. Even though it has now been more than 10 years, I still remember that feeling. It could have something to do with the fate of the Native peoples. I was living very close to my own people at the time.

Lifeisabutterfly

Also another thought occurred to me just now regarding the waste. In family as anywhere, you can offer all things good but if the recipient won't accept it, or understand the true value of the gift or meal, it will go to waste no matter what. But does that diminish the value of your offering? no.
How many times does one offer a child a meal and they are content to just let it sit on the plate? and we end up throwing it away :)
How many times have we had a marvelous windfall in our lives but now there is nothing left? such is life....no?
Native peoples lived alot more in the day by day mode than we do today, because they had more faith in the earth's promises and love for them. They wasted nothing but didn't hold on to things as we do either.

Lifeisabutterfly

I truly don't know why this card affected me that way. It was just my initial reaction the very first time I saw the card. Even though it has now been more than 10 years, I still remember that feeling. It could have something to do with the fate of the Native peoples. I was living very close to my own people at the time.

So you see, if that is so, the legacy of the 10 of coins must live on within you....nothing is wasted! You go through life planting those seeds and your heritage is the abundance in those 10 plates which must perforce spill over into the world! :)

Soaring Eagle

My people have always been a very poor native nation. They didn't get money from the federal governement as other nations very close to us did. Now things are improving for them. I don't put myself in this statement, because I have very rarely lived among my people. That is not to say that I don't know my history, because I do. My parents were very good about teaching me my native history and culture. I just have never lived there, or not for long. Now, I live very, very far from them.

Lifeisabutterfly

This is something which lives Within You. Distance means nothing in the Spirit World. Distance is nothing to a Soaring Eagle.
Your study of these cards really makes me sorry I didn't keep mine. I got the Sacred Southwest Tribes and trimmed them ( I am a chronic trimmer) but I don't seem to be using them either although performing the borderectomy was a vast improvement. I really wanted a good Native deck to use. I tried a few others but no go either. I think I'll go ahead and order the VQ from Amazon and just trim the borders! It really makes the images pop! Meanwhile I can use my photographic memory and hope you continue to point the way. This is fun!

Soaring Eagle

This is something which lives Within You. Distance means nothing in the Spirit World. Distance is nothing to a Soaring Eagle.
Your study of these cards really makes me sorry I didn't keep mine. I got the Sacred Southwest Tribes and trimmed them ( I am a chronic trimmer) but I don't seem to be using them either although performing the borderectomy was a vast improvement. I really wanted a good Native deck to use. I tried a few others but no go either. I think I'll go ahead and order the VQ from Amazon and just trim the borders! It really makes the images pop! Meanwhile I can use my photographic memory and hope you continue to point the way. This is fun!

There are links to the cards in the first posting so you can see each card.