The Happy Squirrel card

Alta

blackstormhawk said:
The Happy Squirrel is happy because he has done happy and squirrelly things. He chewed a hole through your $50 squirrel proof bird feeder, and then gorged himself on $15 worth of high-end fruit and seed songbird mix. Then he went to your attic, and for dessert, chewed threw your cable line and impregnated three female squirrels who are busy working on chewing through your cable and electric lines as they await their litters.

That is why the happy squirrel (any squirrel) is happy and it is a card of ill omen.
No kidding! Squirrels are the enemy, and they are winning!!!

geministar

I have skipped most of this thread so pls forgive me if Ive missed it but what the heck is the happy squirrel card??? and what do the Simpsons have to do with it?

Please excuse my ignorance but Im really dumbfounded by all this :confused:

Edited: Ok Ive just realised about the Simpsons :rolleyes: (embarrassed)

Alissa

geministar, you don't have to read the whole thread but do take a moment to read my opening post at the top of the thread.

It is self-explanatory and answers your questions, and much easier than re-explaining it again here. :D

geministar

Thanks Alissa, I did that after I posted above. Its making sense to me now. I feel like a spaz *LOL*

rota

Baseball and Squirrel

"...two interests came together in a New York Times article today about a squirrel running up and down the right field foul pole in Yankee Stadium on Tuesday night. NYT sportswriter Teddy Kider writes that, according to Norse mythology, the squirrel was a bad omen for the New York Yankees. From the New York Times:

Believe it or not, the squirrel’s actions closely resembled those of Ratatosk, or “gnawing tooth,” a squirrel in Norse mythology that climbed up and down a tree that represented the world. Snorri Sturluson, an Icelandic scholar and poet, recorded the story in his 13th-century work “Prose Edda.”

As the story goes, Ratatosk carried insults as it traveled to opposite ends of the tree, fueling a rivalry between the evil dragon residing at the bottom of the tree and the eagle perched at the top...

The Yankees said the squirrel came down about 20 minutes after Tuesday’s game and was allowed to go on its way. It joins a cast of baseball creatures that includes the black cat that crossed in front of the Chicago Cubs’ dugout during their ill-fated pennant-race battle with the Mets in 1969 and the bird that Dave Winfield killed with a throw in Toronto in 1983."
August 30, 2007
http://pop.thousandrobots.com/files/squirrel/squirrel1.jpg
http://pop.thousandrobots.com/files/squirrel/squirrel2.jpg

willowfox

Adding another card seems out of place to me, and anyway squirrels should be left out of tarot to do their own thing, up in the trees chewing on their nuts.

wytchwood

I agree that it's a bit 'wrong' to add the Sqiz to the mix. However, those who really don't want it can chuck it out, therefore it is a harmless bit of humour. I have left mine in the IIT deck though. It has come up a couple of times and I have read it to mean that there is an 'unknown factor' which at this time cannot be revealed. Or that there is a random element which cannot be controlled. That kind of thing.

What other decks have a Squirrel??

Zoe

Emily

There used to be a squirrel card you could download for the Victoria Regina - I think the idea was to print it off then glue it to one of the spare cards but I can't think of why any one would want to add a squirrel to a deck like the Victoria Regina. :)

Umbrae

Emily said:
There used to be a squirrel card you could download for the Victoria Regina - I think the idea was to print it off then glue it to one of the spare cards but I can't think of why any one would want to add a squirrel to a deck like the Victoria Regina. :)
It was on Sarah Ovenall's website. As to why? that was a GREAT happy squirrel. But then Ator came along and changed the world of Tarot as we know it...

Emily

Umbrae said:
It was on Sarah Ovenall's website. As to why? that was a GREAT happy squirrel. But then Ator came along and changed the world of Tarot as we know it...

I never downloaded it, maybe I should have. :)