6 pentacles reversed

JennyM

How about these interpretations:

Asking for charity but not really needing it.
Refusing to help when asked.
Using charity to keep someone in your debt.
Taking advantage of someone's charity.
Being selfish
Spending too much money.

Others? I read the reversal thread on this card but I'm thinking about other interpretations that might fit.

star-lover

giving too much indiscriminately and - robbing yourself in the process

over generosity

willowfox

Not receiving help or not giving help.

JennyM

I've also had it appear for someone who wanted to help, but couldn't because of financial problems.

star-lover

gambling
bad investments
being stolen from
playing with peoples emotions
being taken for a ride
con artist

god we're getting some bad things out this nice card lol

star-lover

JennyM said:
I've also had it appear for someone who wanted to help, but couldn't because of financial problems.

yes generally being in debt

JennyM

star-lover said:
gambling
bad investments
being stolen from
playing with peoples emotions
being taken for a ride
con artist

god we're getting some bad things out this nice card lol

There are a few nice or let's say neutral interpretations, but in general it doesn't seem to lend itself to too many of them. I tend to see more negative readings here for a reversal.

How about giving out of obligation rather than out of the goodness of one's heart?

To continue with the idea of 'being stolen from'...how about...being forced to give rather than doing it willingly. The two with their hands out are pressuring the giver.

star-lover

a few other things came to mind

hand outs from the state for the disadvantaged in any way - so when reversed troubles with benefits, the tax man, money in general

or scroungers who claim benefits but are fit and healthy and able to work

what about inflated self value, thinking oneself above others

flashing your money

trying to buy love

snobbery about one's social status

JennyM

star-lover said:
so when reversed troubles with benefits, the tax man,

At the time I wasn't using reversals but I did indeed get this card for troubles with the tax man. The guy I was reading for had been bribing someone at the tax office and that guy had just retired, leaving this guy with the problem of how to bribe the next guy :)

mystic mal

Also its the card of the benefactor in a will for example but when reversed it was obviously a case of someone not receiving anything..

Its a case of stinginess too, a miser who wont part with any money or material possessions.

Expected money,grants or suchlike being refused.