8 Swords

poivre

This is just an idea about the card. I understand what the card means.

This came from me looking at the feet. The one foot looks either larger OR that this person may be trying to take a step, SO...

The person in this picture could be in a different situation and has taked them away from the home base because of words that have been said. Restrictions and entrapment show here. They have to have patience to find their way through.

The person is in like a maze (blindfolded and tied) taking small steps to work their way through criticism, not knowing how to get clear of this situation. (they can walk through emotions and then get their grounding back. the water on the ground and the earth beneath their feet).

This card can also mean stay on course, take baby steps until things are clearer from the walls built and sometimes the person feels like they are walking on eggshells.
Walls are meant to come down. There is still hope because the background is light. The darkness doesn't come until the 9.

yes, no, maybe???

Ace

Yes, it is a reasonable interp, Ros. the person HAS the tools of her release right there (the 8 swords) so if she is careful she can get away.

Fulgour

Just now I was thinking how what if this were the dream
and the 9 of Swords is the shuddering moment of sudden
awakening? This card always feels to me like nothing
is happening, but something should. Very dreamlike...

Rusty Neon

A traditional cartomancy divinatory meaning for the 8 of Swords from the LWB for the Tarot de Nostradamus (a Marseille-cousin deck):

"Inaction from excess of Prudence"

Fits the image of the RWS 8 of Swords quite well. Also interesting because the Golden Dawn title for another of the Eights [8 of Pentacles] is Prudence.

Fulgour

thanks, but

Typically, we find "The Golden Dawn" dabbling in
magical cabala ~ and it never really helps anything.
Sorry, but I do not give this deck away to them...

Rusty Neon

Fulgour said:
If they want to refer to their 8 of Swords by the name
XLI. The Lord of Unstable Effort then that's fine ~
but only here if we're talking about Robert Wang's deck.

You have the Golden Dawn names for the 7 and 8 of Swords mixed up. The Golden Dawn 8 of Swords is 'Shortened Force'; the Golden Dawn 7 of Swords is 'Unstable Effort'.

Fulgour

A Crowley-esque view...

"Interference"

The Energy: Perturbation, Disunion, Hesitancy

Opposing ideas prevent clear conclusions. Rational thought
is caught in hazy mist and emotions may be confused. Thus
interference potentially endangers happiness and harmony.
The element air is weak and hinders movement.

Parzival

8 of Swords

Since the swords straight-down stab the earth, which has a marsh-like or muddy look, the entrapment may very well be mental. Thoughts that imprison the mind by their heavy, muddy lack of light. The blindfold covers eyes and forehead, the realm of uplifting, enlightening thought. But the castle rises skyward behind this thought-bound soul, since hope springs eternal in mind and breast. This enslavement is self- inflicted and can be healed by inner change of thought or by outer healers coming to help with a freer, wider perspective.

Rusty Neon

Re: *

Fulgour said:
Ain't Book-T a trip?

:joke:

Indeed. As the Rider-Waite deck is a Golden Dawn inspired deck, the GD's manuscript, Book T, provides valuable insight into the divinatory meanings and images of the Rider-Waite deck.

Fulgour

Golden Arches ?

Membership in The Golden Dawn now costs $75.00

That's a lot of hamburgers!

:joke: :laugh: :joke: