The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

souljourney

I guess that way I'll know if new comments come in for sure. But I'd heard about spambots on blogs and didn't want those.
Plus I had a gay friend who got some very overzealous Christian type telling him how wrong he was, etc. so I figured I didn't want some anti-tarot type doing the same. That has happened in real life at a coffee shop in Westport.

Onyx

Good Points

I didn't think about the possibility of being spammed or hate comments. That makes me think about those who are anti-tarot who might try to comment on our blogs.

I think that for now I will keep my comments open but that would change if spam or comments that do not contribute to the discussion. I don't mind having people disagree with me but if comments get personal, nasty or overly negative I will switch to approving comments.

I don't expect that to happen tthough. Yet it is good to be prepared if it does.

Onyx.

pangolin

souljourney said:
I guess that way I'll know if new comments come in for sure.

I've set my preferences so that I get an email notifying me of each new comment. If any annoying stuff starts showing up, I'll change to require approval -- but my blog is brand-new & I figured it could be a long while before anyone outside this group discovers it.

SherryZoned

welcome autumns daughter!

mooncat2

Hi autumnsdaughter...........welcome! :)

I've been blogging for a year now and have never had any nasty comments. A couple of unwelcome visitors trying to sell their wares but they're easily deleted.

faunabay

Thanks everyone for commenting on my question about commenting. })

From what everyone has said, I think for now I'll still leave it open, but have the option to approve them if I need to at a later date.

pangolin

I feel kind of shy about announcing this, but I have a new post up.

firefrost

I've had just one annoying comment. Anyone visiting my last post will see that DelorumRex has had his (I'm assuming) post taken down by me. It read that he enjoyed my blog, I was invited to visit his, and please don't think he was spamming me but there were a couple of links to buy TV's and stuff.

I didn't visit him, I did consider it spam and if I get another from anyone, I'll change to approval.

pangolin

I saw that comment, firefrost. "Hope you don't think I'm spamming you, but..." Duh. Spam is spam. Oh well, maybe it just shows that your blog is getting noticed. :thumbsup: (That IS a good thing..... right? Okay, maybe not if the spam starts pouring in.)

firefrost

It's annoying that a removed post is the first thing I see for comments, but I was surprised to find people other than this group taking notice.

Even if it was to try and get me to buy something! :mad:

I'm off to bed now - I'll look at your blog tomorrow ;)