Significance of Triangle/Pyramid

Draegyn

The Angel depicted on the Temperance card has a orange/gold triangle in side a white square. What is the significance of this?

Fulgour

One of the usual 'explanations' goes like this:

The Square has 4 Sides = 4 x 14 = 56 Minors
The Triangle has 3 Sides = 3 x 7 = 21 Majors
and there's usually a centre dot for The Fool

runwithwolves

It's interesting that I find this question right after I read about that particular symbol! Synchronistic?

I read that the square represents the four directions and elements and the triangle represents Spirit/God/Universal Energy manifest on earth.

I like that discription even though there could be other descriptions out there. I'm a newbie and for now I'm keeping it simple. :)

runwithwolves

Fulgour

Also...

...since Letter 14 signifies Scorpio (8th Phoenician month)
and card 14 thus has a link to Taurus (VI The Lovers) as
the complementery exhaltation of the Moon in that sign,
XIV Temperance comes in "line" very powerfully with...
The High Priestess (The Moon). Thus a triangle in a square.

Phoenix Rising

The alchemist, used gold and it was burnt to produce a white powder a substitute to "Starfire" there were certain pyramids that was used as an urn "Pyra-fire" to do this. The Ancient Greek word for Crimson or Red-gold is my friends "Phoenix" would that explain phoenix rising from the ashes of this gold powder? The powder was mixed to make a bread "shew-bread" food of the pharoahs This gave them longevity, heightened states of consciousness and strong immune system. The shew-bread was baked with added "Frankincense" and Myrhh(pine resin) to activate the pine-al gland to produce high levels of melatonin and seratonin. These hormones are anti-aging hormone, strengthens immune system! If anyone is interested in knowing more about this I can provide a link.

Although I didn't notice that before this thread. temperance would therefore be that of the "alchemist" mixing of substances in it's right proportions..Balance! This white powder was said to have the ability to achieve anti-gravitation. Used to build the pyramids to make it weightless or the slabs to put them in place. In the 18th century excavationist found on Mt Horeb a pyramid ruins when they went into the chambers, they found a room full of this white powder 50 tonnes of it, it was so fine, that when bought to the surface it vaporised. Samples were sent back to England for analysis. they never found out what was in it. Mt Horeb is said to be the biblical mountain of Moses..not Sinai