Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

All Is One

Seeking1 said:
If I missed a post on this please excuse me, but has anyone noticed the use of the moths in the suite of Swords?

The Swords are great, aren't they? I thought they were butterflies, but I'm looking at them right now and moths does seem more apt on some of the Swords, but on some they look like butterflies.

What do you think?

Seeking1

Moths

Perhaps both are used. The Ten and Four of Swords definitely looks like a moth while the Five and Eight look more like butterflies. Perhaps these are references to mental or intellectual metamorphoses? Anyone?

retrokat

Butterflies are traditional for the Sword Courts, I just extended them to the whole suit. My personal take on why Swords are symbolised well by butterflies (and moths) is that they're airborne, transient and quite ephemeral - like ideas.

HearthCricket

retrokat said:
Butterflies are traditional for the Sword Courts, I just extended them to the whole suit. My personal take on why Swords are symbolised well by butterflies (and moths) is that they're airborne, transient and quite ephemeral - like ideas.

Oooh, I like that!

All Is One

That makes sense to me.

I'm the strange one with the Scorpio sun, Gemini rising and a Leo moon.

Why am I even telling this?

I never never needed to say it because it never involved moths and butterflies before.

I'm supposed to be a cup (Scorpio) but I am a Sword...who loves wine glasses. (Gemini/Air...rising)

And as for the Leo moon...well, that is something I can't talk about as I spend all my time trying to hide it ;~)

Seeking1

Thanks for the reply Kat.

Queen of Pentacle

practical questions...

Hi Kat and eveyone!
I am so glad that the Touchtone tarot is now avalaible... and as a real deck
I fall in love with it at the first sight, and it seems even better that what I dreamed!

I have a question:
What the difference between the special edition and the mass market? Beside the goodies?
Is is a box ?
Are the edges gilded?
Is the cardstock like the golden?
Are the images printed the same way in the special as in the mass market?

I looked on the blog and the tarot connection selling page but did, not find out.

Thanks for the information.

Cerulean

I'm really 'touched' and cheered by hearing the backstory...

...lovely to know the differences in Golden and Touchstone.

I like the idea of a playing card size treasure deck and do want one with the book...so will be waiting on the new release of the mass market edition.

But I am very interested to hear answers to the questions also just posted...in terms of the different editions.

Cerulean

All Is One

I was so fascinated by Kimber's posts regarding the Tudor who's who of this deck.....and Kat's replies.

We won't really know until Kat gets her book finished and we get the MM deck and the book.

Patience is a virtue, you know!

(not one of mine, but a virtue, nonetheless)

:D

Kimber

All Is One said:
I was so fascinated by Kimber's posts regarding the Tudor who's who of this deck.....and Kat's replies.

:D

All Is One, did you notice that
I updated my list? It's partly your fault, after all. :)