Puzzled: Is Tarot a kind of energy exchange?

Monchhichi

Hi all, I am not sure if this topic fits in this section.

But basically, I am a bit confused by the relationship between Tarot reading and energy exchange. I googled on the Internet. I can hardly find any articles talking about this relationship. Most people (don't intentionally or not) claim that for the sake of energy exchange, they charge a tarot reading for $xx.

But I read from another website. It says that because in magick, the people use the term energy exchange for casting spells. The tarot users borrowed this term in tarot. According to him, tarot reading is just a process of reading cards. The readers read the images and tell the message to clients. So, it doesn't involve any energy exchange.

Any thoughts on it?

ScaryFairy

I don't believe that it has anything to do with any kind of energy exchange. I agree that it's just the process of reading cards which come up in a reading. How they come up is something I haven't yet thought about properly. Synchronicity is something I've been wondering about lately.

afrosaxon

Tarot is an energy exchange:
--between the reader and the querent/sitter
--between the reader and The Universe/Spirit/Spirit Guides

That energy can be depleted if certain precautions aren't taken, and can easily be boosted as well.

If you dont' believe this, try reading for someone in public (or even online) and see how tired you feel afterward. :D It takes energy to pierce the veil, even for a little bit, and get messages from the Universe.

As for tarot reading just "reading the cards", well...there are people who read tarot cards (e.g., look at the cards, spit out book meanings and string them together into a semblance of a reading), and there are tarot readers (e.g., look at the cards and use that quantum intuitive leap to read between the cards in order to glean the relevant message). Big difference between the two.

Just my $.02.

T.

ofbainbridge

Myself I definitely think its about energy. Maybe not so much an energy exchange but it isn't a matter of simply looking at cards and telling a story based on the pictures. Its takes energy to search for information and energy to receive the information. It takes energy to keep an open and clear channel from wherever the energy is coming from.
That's me the reader though.
What the source's (ie: the universe, spirit guides, angels etc) investment is in energy is you'd have to ask them.
What the seeker's investment is you'd have to ask a seeker.

Peace

CJ7

I think it's about energy as well. I see tarot cards themselves as mini sponges and they are able to pick up energy from the user whether that user be the reader or the querent.

It's a little bit of magic to me too but a subtler magic that relies on the energies of the people involved. To me, it's an exchange of energies and it's up to the reader to intuit and interpret those energies by being aware and receptive of them so that they can better read the cards.

thinbuddha

I think that we need a working definition of the word "energy".

balenciaga

I think that is how tarot works - you read the energy in pictures. The more dominant energy gets read first because it demands to be. It will not move out of the way until you interpret it. Sometimes my cards will actually show me someone moving into my sphere of energy in incremental steps, especially when I lay three-card spreads, one right after the other (1,2,3; 1,2,3; etc.), page, knight - you can see the energy's "arrival" as it moves closer to me in time, etc.
That is also why I prefer to read without a specific question; I'd rather just see what is "there", what wants to be read.

Grizabella

I agree with afrosaxon. It's an exchange of energy between reader and sitter and between reader and the Universe. I'll go so far as to say between the sitter and the Universe, too.

To be scientific about it, "all matter is energy". Solid objects are not as solid as you'd think. They're atoms of energy but they're moving so slowly that they seem solid. So in addition to the energy of the matter all around us, there's also the spiritual energy we can't see or feel with our hands that flows between reader, sitter and the Universe through the use of the cards.

Gazel

Yes, I think tarot is and tarot readings are all about energy and energy exchange.
I think the tarot in itself pictures different kinds and levels of energy in a symbolic form.
And therefore when we communicate with and about these pictures, we communicate and exchange energy.
Love, Gazel

Ambrosia

afrosaxon said:
Tarot is an energy exchange:
--between the reader and the querent/sitter
--between the reader and The Universe/Spirit/Spirit Guides

If you dont' believe this, try reading for someone in public (or even online) and see how tired you feel afterward. :D It takes energy to pierce the veil, even for a little bit, and get messages from the Universe.

I completely agree with this. Reading can be very draining for both the reader, and the querant IMHO.