How Did You Find the Faeries Oracle Deck?

Satori

Great stories folks!
I love them all.

I've recommended the deck to people at the shop where I work and finally someone ordered a copy and it just came in!
I just kept looking and looking at the box and thinking, "Oh, it won't be long now!"

The owners bought a spare copy for the shelf, and I'm hoping that one goes to a good home too! I'll have to see what I can do! ;)

ncefafn

I found out about the Faeries from roaming around AT. Then I went and looked at the website, like Helvetica. And went and looked again. And again. And then one day, roaming around AT, I found a thread on the trading board offering the Faeries, and I snatched it up. I don't remember what I traded for them.

When they arrived, they smelled moldy, poor things. So I got an old shoebox and scented it with essential oils of lavender and patchouli. I put the Faeries in there and let them relax in their scent bath for a week. Each day I took them out and tossed them, like the UnDressing of a Salad. After a week, they were de-moldified and I put them in a drawstring bag. Now, whenever I take them out, they smell like patchouli and lavender.

I just recently crocheted my own bag for them (their first one was purchased), out of a fuzzy lavender-blue yarn. They're very happy with their new home, and in fact were clamoring for a handmade comforter to sleep in from the moment I started crocheting again.

Kim

galadrielsphial

This is my first post to this study group because even though I have the Faeries Oracle, law school unfortunately keeps me too busy to do more than a daily (or weekly if things are really hectic) draw, and I even rush that sometimes. :)

I found Brian Froud accidentally in the library. I was looking at (what were then) the new books, and I saw Good Faeries/Bad Faeries written on the spine. I immediately pulled it off the shelf and fell in love with his artwork as soon as I saw the Spring/Primrose Faerie on the front cover. I bought my own copy of that book and his original Faeries book from Amazon, but I didn't know that there was also a Faeries Oracle until I was at Media Play browsing through the New Age section. When I saw the deck set sitting on the shelf, I never even looked at the price but just grabbed it and bought it. And I love it love it love it. :D

lunar_rabbit

Oh my, I am loving this thread! Each and every one of your stories has made me smile. :)

My story is very typical of the faeries, I think. I have been very drawn to tarot for decades now, but had a lot of trouble finding a deck that was "easy" for me even though I consider myself quite capable of connecting psychically. Despite my years and years of inexperience, I have been a member of AT for a long time.

So one day, I was perusing a list of sale/trade items (why? I don't know, I don't usually read) and I saw "Froud's Faeries Oracle" and I immediately PMed the person and asked for the deck! Again, why? I don't know! I realized a short while later that it would almost be cheaper to buy them from a local bookstore, but THIS was the deck I had to have. All the while, wondering what in the heck got into me.

Interestingly, I had never really given a whole lot of thought to fairies, gnomes, or the like. I thought they were cute whimsical little stories. So it was especially weird that I was so taken by this deck.

The faeries arrived and we immediately had a friendly warm connection. It's like they jumped out of the box and said "YAY!!!!" and despite my normally quiet demeanor, I said "YAY!!!". I am still a newbie for the most part, not having "met" all the cards yet, so sometimes I do need to look them up in the book. But they don't seem to mind. All in all, I feel they are very good friends. I even call upon them when the deck is no where nearby. For example, I went to the funeral of a friend's mom, and as I was driving there I realized I would be comforted by the Fairy Godmother, so she came with me.

They also let it be known when they want to tell someone ELSE something. I was on my way to the shower one morning when the deck was YELLING for me (this is not normal! haha!). "Ok, ok, ok!" I said. So I open up the box and right there on top was the Friends card. Which was exactly the message I needed to tell my friend whose mom had just died.

A similar thing happened with my sister. She and I were talking on the phone, and I was cleaning the kitchen at the same time. As she was telling me about a stressful situation, all of a sudden I found two of my fairies on the kitchen table. I have NO IDEA how they got there, or why there weren't in their box. I never bring things like that into the kitchen. It was clear to both of us that they were eager to tell HER something.

It's nice to have a place to talk about such things without everyone thinking I'm totally off my rocker. :D

~Leslie

SunChariot

lunar_rabbit said:
Oh my, I am loving this thread! Each and every one of your stories has made me smile. :)

My story is very typical of the faeries, I think. I have been very drawn to tarot for decades now, but had a lot of trouble finding a deck that was "easy" for me even though I consider myself quite capable of connecting psychically. Despite my years and years of inexperience, I have been a member of AT for a long time.

So one day, I was perusing a list of sale/trade items (why? I don't know, I don't usually read) and I saw "Froud's Faeries Oracle" and I immediately PMed the person and asked for the deck! Again, why? I don't know! I realized a short while later that it would almost be cheaper to buy them from a local bookstore, but THIS was the deck I had to have. All the while, wondering what in the heck got into me.

Interestingly, I had never really given a whole lot of thought to fairies, gnomes, or the like. I thought they were cute whimsical little stories. So it was especially weird that I was so taken by this deck.

The faeries arrived and we immediately had a friendly warm connection. It's like they jumped out of the box and said "YAY!!!!" and despite my normally quiet demeanor, I said "YAY!!!". I am still a newbie for the most part, not having "met" all the cards yet, so sometimes I do need to look them up in the book. But they don't seem to mind. All in all, I feel they are very good friends. I even call upon them when the deck is no where nearby. For example, I went to the funeral of a friend's mom, and as I was driving there I realized I would be comforted by the Fairy Godmother, so she came with me.

They also let it be known when they want to tell someone ELSE something. I was on my way to the shower one morning when the deck was YELLING for me (this is not normal! haha!). "Ok, ok, ok!" I said. So I open up the box and right there on top was the Friends card. Which was exactly the message I needed to tell my friend whose mom had just died.

A similar thing happened with my sister. She and I were talking on the phone, and I was cleaning the kitchen at the same time. As she was telling me about a stressful situation, all of a sudden I found two of my fairies on the kitchen table. I have NO IDEA how they got there, or why there weren't in their box. I never bring things like that into the kitchen. It was clear to both of us that they were eager to tell HER something.

It's nice to have a place to talk about such things without everyone thinking I'm totally off my rocker. :D

~Leslie

Thanks Leslie,

I loved reading this.:) I only got mine 2 weeks ago and have just looked at them a few times and read some of Brian's books. I will start the book exercises tomorrow. But my experience has been much like yours.:)

Mine pretty well, went "Yay" too the first time I took them out of the box. They all jumped together into my lap, just wanted to play. LOL I tried to put them back in order and put them in their pouch, but they just jumped back in my lap. Never had another deck do that ever. The faeries were so full of joy and playfulness.:)

Me too, I never thought much of faeries and the like and certainly didn't believe in them before I got the deck. But I have always been open-minded, and Brian's books say they ARE real. And the more I access the deck the more I beleive it.

I just stumbled across the deck here at AT and found the artwork beautiful. But I was very unsure. Something in the images scared me a bit. I was totally undecided if I should buy it when something pushed me to (maybe the faeries themselves) and I couldn't be happier now.

Mine feel like good friends now too. I can call on them when I need them and sometimes they call on me too. I am glad the Faery Godmother was able to help you.:)

Don't worry I know just how you feel, and no you are not off your rocker. Either that or we both are. LOL I am glad to hear that someone else's cards/faeries talk to them even when the deck is put away. Now I can feel I am not off my rocker either.

Actually I think there is something beautiful in that, that they are such good friends to you, and help you even without being asked, like the two cards on the table. They seem such generous souls. I can't wait to really start learning... that will be tomorrow.:)

Bar

Kimberly

Hello, sorry for bringing back such an old topic but I found it in the index so yeah... *shrug*

I aquired my Faeries Oracle deck in a very odd fashion... I wanted people's opinions on it.

Well my friend Lisa does have a Faeries Oracle deck, and she left the school I was going to for her hometown school instead... but a while after she left I found a Faeries Oracle deck in the lost and found. Now our school is TINY, like about 40 kids, so as far as I knew she was the only one into that type of thing... so I asked around if the deck belonged to anyone, and one of the staff said it had been in the lost and found for quite a while, since before Lisa left. So I thought it was hers, and offered to take it to her, the staff said sure.

Turns out it WASN'T Lisa's, she infact had hers with her, so she said I should have it. I asked the staff that told me to take it to her about it, and she said that I should have it too. So now I have it... never used it though.

I'm scared to use it, because it belongs to someone else still in my mind. I feel like I stole it almost :( I'm an honest person and I don't like stealing, so it irks me to have it still. I got it a few years ago and I'm sure that whoever owned it has left the school by now... only a few people remain (including me) from three years ago. So there isn't really a chance of me returning it :(

What should I do? Do I have the right to use it? I think I do, just I can't shake that "it's not mine" feeling. I'd like someone else's input on this, please.

Thanks,
Kimberly

sagewriter

If someone loved the Faeries that much, then he/she wouldn't have lost it in the first place, and would have certainly looked in the lost and found. but instead you found them. to me, it seems as though the faeries stopped belonging to their previous owner as soon as he/she neglected them. The faeries found you in fact, so enjoy them, they want to have fun with you!

Guiding Cauldron

I've just ben introduced !!

edited

TarotGirlJess

well

I found Froud's deck by Christmas shopping. Money was great so we decided to go all out for everyone in the family. So i went to a nearby town (2 hours away lol welcome to Wyoming). I had decided to get my Brother inlaws girlfriend a tarot deck and book ect since she had such an intrest in mine. I saw the faery's and they were very expensive. i figured she would like them, got a tarot book (even though i knew oracles and tarot are different). I left the store. i finished shopping. i drove home and tried to wrap presents... Long story short? I drove the 2 hours again the next day to get His girlfriend a different deck. the Faery's were not meant for her they were mine!
I put them in the closet and didn't touch them other than to open the box once or twice.. I was posting here one day and found the forum.. i took them out again. i found the froud site.. i got online readings (great way to learn the cards BTW) and i just HAD to play with them. I still don't use them often enough But they are there.

rash212

!-!-mine is YET not a happy ending

I know this is an old post, I dIDnt realize how i came over this one. Was just surfing around at AT...and somehow came across it..
"NO I YET HAVENT FOUND OR BOUGHT MY FAERIES ORACLE", but something tells me...I WILL SOMEDAY..when the faeries are ready to come to Me..i will finally hold that lovely oracle in my hand...

My story lol...makes me laugh:)... i was introduced to this deck through one of my friend..she asked me to check out this deck online.. initially when i saw it.. i kind of liked it and i kind of found few images scary..but somehow THEY ATTRACTED ME TO NO END... for a week all i could think of was "-I NEED THAT DECK"..but never got to it... mainly cause in India we dont really have access to decks so easily!! sad!

So then my friend and I came up with this idea.. "why not please the faeries and who knows we might come across this deck" so.. we read up on fae folks, what they like etc etc.. thus we gave them offerings of crystals, milk, and some food... we also made a fairy bracelet of rose and flour which of course we read over the net!!!

Then i began my search..going through 100's of websites to find that one bookstore where i could buy the deck in india!! But no, we didnt find!!! So then I guess somehow we forgot about it, but yes that deck remained on our wishlist!!.

Recently, my friend got that deck as a gift! How lucky!!!

For me, i hope the deck will come to me someday or i will find it in some bookstore!!!!!

But my gut feeling says "I WILL GET THE DECK SOMEDAY!!"
;
;
;
;
REPORTING BACK:- Told you, my feelings says i will get the deck someday:), my deck is on its way.. will be in my hands by the end of feb....:D:D