The best spread for deciding on a course of action...

jayaso

Hi all :)

I am in the process of deciding on whether I should do something.

There is option 1 = No action
There is option 2 = An action

What is the best spread to use to explore which option would be better?

A simple three card spread for each?

Would love your feedback.

Sentient

jayaso, There are many spreads that could serve you. This is what I would use:

card1 - result if you do what you think you probably should
card2 - result if you don't
card3 - advice

It requires that you make your best effort to decide which choice is probably better.
I also find this spread useful:

card1 - what think is the right thing
card2 - what you would prefer
card3 - advice

Barleywine

I created a four-card spread for event-or-action based scenarios that you could run for each option separately. It has an action-reaction-resolution format, and uses a significator to represent either the issue/situation or a person if appropriate. Here is the thread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=255684

nisaba

Hi all :)

I am in the process of deciding on whether I should do something.

There is option 1 = No action
There is option 2 = An action

Pull either two cards for option one, then two cards for option two. Decide which mini-spread looks more desirable. Act accordingly. Easy-peasy.

JONIKA

You can try this:

What happens if you do it? CARD 1
What happens if you don't do it? CARD 2

:)

jayaso

Thank you!

jayaso, There are many spreads that could serve you. This is what I would use:

card1 - result if you do what you think you probably should
card2 - result if you don't
card3 - advice

It requires that you make your best effort to decide which choice is probably better.
I also find this spread useful:

card1 - what think is the right thing
card2 - what you would prefer
card3 - advice

Apologies for the delay in me responding. Life has been abit rubbish *tears*

Anyway, I appreciate your spread. I tried it and it overwhelmingly told me to do what I was scared of doing! It hasn't worked out for me, but I feel better for trying. The second depicted worry etc. and I have definitely avoided that!

jayaso

Thank you!

Pull either two cards for option one, then two cards for option two. Decide which mini-spread looks more desirable. Act accordingly. Easy-peasy.

This was the easiest one for a beginner like me to follow!
I tried Sentient's and got the impression that I should go for action 1.
Wasn't sure, so I clarified with yours and it seemed to mirror what I had thought.

Not doing what I wanted to do would cause me greater upset.

So, I did it. Didn't paid out, but I fulfilled what was in my heart (9 of Cups appeared) and I am at peace to some degree.

jayaso

thank you!

You can try this:

What happens if you do it? CARD 1
What happens if you don't do it? CARD 2

:)

This is pretty simple lol.
Why didn't I think of this? looooool.

I saw this too late, however, for next time... I think you are on to something!

jayaso

Ooooh!

I created a four-card spread for event-or-action based scenarios that you could run for each option separately. It has an action-reaction-resolution format, and uses a significator to represent either the issue/situation or a person if appropriate. Here is the thread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=255684

I didn't use this spread for my situation, BUT it looks incredibly juicy and one that I will aspire to use in the future. It seems very detailed and you should be proud because the guidance helps alot, especially the number related guidance at the end. Thank you for your help/contribution!

JONIKA

jayaso

LOL :D :D it's super simple and it works. I've used it many many times over...You can also pull clarifiers ....from the top of the deck...just keep pulling cards for each position until you get a clear picture.

This spread works because you don't want to tell your querent what to do. It's their choice. But you can show them what's waiting for them depending on their decision. :)