My 3 card spread for confusion/clarity

RedEarth

You know when you are in such a state that you really can't even think what to ask, you don't even know what the actual issue/problem is?
When I feel like that, this is the spread I do, just all in a line:

Card 1, What is the real issue? This is cutting through all the 'well it could be this or that' or when it seems like 'everything is wrong'. This card represents the real issue to look at.

Card2 What do I need to do? This is the action/ direction of energy card, usually quite practical or at least giving a focus.

Card 3 Where will all this lead me? This is to give you a sense of purpose and reason, as well as to point you in the right direction further from your immediate feelings.

What do you think?

Thank you for reading,
RedEarth

Hedera

Thank you for posting this, RedEarth, it looks very useful!

I will try to think of a situation to apply it, and let you know the results.

Red Emma

3-card spread for confusion, clarity

I'm really glad you posted this. My life's been in more than a little turmoil of late, and this spread has helped me pick my way through the mine field of Stuff!

I don't remember who posted the original, but the three cards were named: issue, advice, outcome. I noticed that the second card, advice, was as likely to be the next step in the story as it was to be real advice. Or what I think of as advice. As in "And now dear tarot, what the hell am I going to do about this issue?"

Your comment, "action, direction of energy...supply a focus" for the second card makes a whole lot of sense to me.

Many, many thanks.

Red E.

RedEarth

Yes, I see how it is very similar to issue, advice and outcome, but for me the second card is very much an ACTION card, giving you a 'job' or something to do yourself to get you away from the state (of confusion) you might be in.

The whole purpose behind the reading to me is to clarify and MOVE a person on from that confused stae of mind, there is a definate view to finding even the tiniest step away from the mess you might feel yourself in, and providing comfort that you will not feel that way forever!
Well, that is how I use it ;)

persephone1

This was a great spread for my day today but I felt I just had to share its results for the giggle value.

6 of cups

Devil

6 of Pentacles

Classic!

Raziel

New to the site, first post. I just wanted to say that this was much easier for me, as a beginner, to read. Even as dark as my deck is, my answers were concise, direct, and resonated very deeply. Thank you for your insight.

BodhiSeed

Simple and directly to the point - I love it RedEarth! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Bodhran

Thenameis

Awsome!
Thanks

Alamaris

Very insightful and to-the-point! I had a wonderful reading with this that threw some more light onto a languishing situation.

(For the curious, I got Strength for the first, The Star for the second, and Judgement for the third.)

Thanks for posting this!

hopena

Nice Spread

I tried this spread a little while ago, wanting a shorter spread than those I've been using lately. My cards (the Fantastic Menagerie) got right to the point, and I received the same outcome as a couple of relationship readings that I've conducted in the past few weeks. :)