Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards INFO...!!!

jrr01

Hi guys its been a while since I havent posted anything, I'm planing on buying The Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards & I wanted to know some info for this oracel deck The Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards, How well do they work? are they easy to read? are they accurate? Whats the diffrence between the instruction manual & the meanings printed on the cards...? Thanks.

Abrac

Hey jrr01, I've never read with them but they look to me like they should be very easy to use. I have a version that I think is from the 70s and there are no meanings in the manual, only on the cards; but I also have an old antique version that has the meanings in the manual, they are exactly as on the cards. I don't know what the current manual is like, though if it has meanings I imagine they probably match the cards.

celticnoodle

jrr01 said:
Hi guys its been a while since I havent posted anything, I'm planing on buying The Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards & I wanted to know some info for this oracel deck The Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards, How well do they work? are they easy to read? are they accurate? Whats the diffrence between the instruction manual & the meanings printed on the cards...? Thanks.

I have this delightful little deck of oracle cards. This deck has always meant alot to me, as my mother (a tarot/oracle reader) had this deck for as long as I can remember. It reminds me fondly of those days when she did readings. sometimes she did use this oracle, but usually she read with an ordinary deck of cards.

As for their accuracy--oh yes--they are accurate. At least as far as my mother and I are concerned, with readings we have done.

I don't read with them often, but for a light hearted read, I will occasionally pull them out.

They are very easy to read. You'll not need a book to look up any meanings as they are written on each card. It's a great starter deck for someone, especially if you want to learn to read playing cards. Now, that said, of course there are different meanings for the playing cards with different readers--but if you wish to adapt this style portrayed with the Gypsy Witch, then it's great to start with this deck.

The instruction manual that accompanies this deck is no more then a small folded piece of paper that gives you a short introduction to Mlle. Le Normand and this deck. It goes on to explain how to do a short or long reading, with detailed instructions and examples. that is all.

on each individual card is also a number. I have no idea what these numbers relate to, and it doesn't seem to be covered in the little papered "instruction manual". the nice thing about this deck, is that because they are the size of an ordinary deck of playing cards, they are easy to carry with you anywhere. They are also very easy to shuffle, and deal out into a pattern. They don't take up much space when doing a reading. It is on fairly good paper/board--like playing cards. They are also quite inexpensive.

Many people do not like this oracle, as they find it lacking in color and thus appeal. However, there is something magical to it, in my opinion. could be me, but I truly do like this deck, which, btw, was gifted to me by a very generous AT'er here. :)

jrr01

:)

Thanks alot for your discriptive explanation celticnoodle, 1 more question, I know that the cards have meanings on them like Jack of Diamonds (The rider) is a sure sign of good news, unless alongside of 6, 8, 11 or 13. ok what if its not next to a 6, 8, 11 or 13, do you have to combine a different meaning...?

celticnoodle

jrr01 said:
Thanks alot for your discriptive explanation celticnoodle, 1 more question, I know that the cards have meanings on them like Jack of Diamonds (The rider) is a sure sign of good news, unless alongside of 6, 8, 11 or 13. ok what if its not next to a 6, 8, 11 or 13, do you have to combine a different meaning...?

no--it's only "a sure sign of good news"

if it shows up alongside the 6, I would read it as bad news of someones illness, or loss of property coming to the client, (if near their card in the reading), and when not near their card in the reading-then it's still bad news coming. this 2nd bad news can be as simple as someone having a car accident, or losing something important to them--a job, etc.

if it shows up alongside the 8, I would read it as bad news of a disappointing nature, (cancellation of a trip, say). If it is near the no. 8 & no. 6 then bad news about a death of someone young.

if it shows up alongside the 11, I would read it as bad news of someone you know spreading rumors about you, or talking abd about you, (when close)--and a little bit of gossip/ill mannered things spoken of you if this if far from you.

if with the 13, then you'll hear directly from an enemy of yours--possibly a threat made to you--or something of that nature.

I guess this is all that the numbers mean that are in the upper right hand corners. I often wondered if they have any other significance though and how Mlle came up with this numbering system? I mean why are they numbered so?

Abrac

I've always thought the cards were numbered 1-52 with a different playing card attributed to each one, but either way you look at it they aren't in order. This is an unusual system indeed.

celticnoodle

yes, exactly Abrac. that is why I am wondering how she came up with this numbering system. it doesn't make any sense to me. try as i might to come up with a reason, i can't figure it out.

jrr01

Someone had said that they cards "Change drastacly and have a different meaning" depending where they are located or the position they are in is that true?

celticnoodle

yes. you lay them out, and some cards will tell you, something like

"if close to clouds this card means, blah blah blah" if far from clouds it means such & such"

"if close to the number 2 or 11 it means blah blah blah" if not then such & such".

so they can be interesting to read with, as you never truly know what the reading will be until all the cards are layed out.

jrr01

WOW!!! Sounds like a challenge, I love a good challenge... LOL

The reason I'm reading Oracle now is because im sick of tarot, it gets on my nerves, I try to use it as an oracle but I fail to use it as an oracle, when I use it as an oracle its all wrong, I start to get the stupidest things LOL & I can't memorize 78 upright plus another 78 reversal meaning... I have the Grande Etteilla Book of Thoth and they are also a half Oracle/Tarot you have for example, La fille brun and Le jour, and and stuff like that and your suppose to add them together the same way as Lenormand system...

As for the Gypsy Witch each card has their own meanings for example Wine-cheerfulness or drinking problem... Mirror-phsyical & mental reflection and so on. so if I was to put the Lady card & the Mirror card it could mean a vain woman, along with the snake card who is a 2 face back stabber...? Right?