The Happy Squirrel card

Sheri

ROFLMAO!!!! Umbrae! My husband sent the story to me in an email today at work (he always seems to have the time to find cool things like this! :D I immediately thought of The Happy Squirrel card!

The funniest part to me was the last line in which it is mention that they "haven't issued a squirrel alert yet, but everyone is aware of the incident." Can you imagine?

Danger - Beware of Squirrels

valeria

Isaacrpgr

I don't think anyone asked WHAT THE SQUIRREL IS HAPPY ABOUT" a bit of a mischeif maker in my opinon,

"someone else is controlling your life/or you" the defintion shoukld be someting like that i think

RaeBelle

Have you met squirrels in PA? Some of them are downright mean. I do try to give them a wide berth.

That happy squirrel is hiding something....

Voron

Here is a site with some squirrel attack stories:
http://www.chainreactionbicycles.com/squirrels.htm

Also, there is a video somewhere of a squirrel actually running at a busy highway, jumping up and touching a tractor trailer, and then running away unscathed. These animals are not to be trifled with.

Me and my cat had a serious scolding from one once in our front yard as well. Ritchit-chit-chit-eeeee-it-chit-chee-it!

And we mustn't forget Foamy the Squirrel on Neurotically Yours!

http://www.illwillpress.com/vault.html

thinbuddha

Voron said:
Me and my cat had a serious scolding from one once in our front yard as well. Ritchit-chit-chit-eeeee-it-chit-chee-it!

I just saved a squirrel from the clutches of my cat a couple months ago. Came home to find the cat trying to run off with a squirrel. Not on my watch!

Miren

Even in the "wild," not all squirrels are happy. A friend of mine saw a squirrel commit suicide. Seriously. It jumped, as if it were going another tree. But there was no other tree. Splat.

She thinks he had a fight with the Mrs.

Or maybe he was the embarassed victim of Squirrel-fishing. :p

rota

The 23rd Trump

the 23rd trump.

21 Majors, plus the Fool, makes 22 in all, until the Happy Squirrel showed up in the well-known Simpsons episode, making 23.

23, as a number, has a number of interesting associations. I ran across this short bit on www.boingboing.net, and thought I would copy it over here for the benefit of anyone else who was following the peculiarities of the Happy Squirrel.

(although, there's nothing *exactly* to do with squirrels in the following, it's still kinda interesting...)

further material here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_(numerology

and here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_objectid=13136269&method=full&siteid=94762-name_page.html

+++++++
"Robert Anton Wilson on the 23 engima
Fortean Times has republished a 1977 article by bOING bOING patron saint and contributor Robert Anton Wilson about the magickal, mystical number 23. Wilson, who died earlier this year, was fascinated with the number 23 and real or imagined synchronicities related to the digits. It was William S. Burroughs who turned Wilson on to the 23 engima that he went on to explore in both his fiction and non-fiction writings. From the Fortean Times article which appeared, of course, in the 23rd issue of the magazine:

Articles 221 23-RawI first heard of the 23 enigma from William S Burroughs, author of Naked Lunch, Nova Express, etc. According to Burroughs, he had known a certain Captain Clark, around 1960 in Tangier, who once bragged that he had been sailing 23 years without an accident. That very day, Clark’s ship had an accident that killed him and everybody else aboard. Furthermore, while Burroughs was thinking about this crude example of the irony of the gods that evening, a bulletin on the radio announced the crash of an airliner in Florida, USA. The pilot was another captain Clark and the flight was Flight 23.

Burroughs began collecting odd 23s after this gruesome synchronicity, and after 1965 I also began collecting them...

In conception, Mom and Dad each contribute 23 chromosomes to the fœtus. DNA, the carrier of the genetic information, has bonding irregularities every 23rd Angstrom. Aleister Crowley, in his Cabalistic Dictionary, defines 23 as the number of “life” or “a thread”, hauntingly suggestive of the DNA life-script. On the other hand, 23 has many links with termination: in telegraphers’ code, 23 means “bust” or “break the line”, and Hexagram 23 in I Ching means “breaking apart”. Sidney Carton is the 23rd man guillotined in the old stage productions of A Tale of Two Cities. (A few lexicographers believe this is the origin of the mysterious slang expression “23 Skiddoo!”.)

Some people are clusters of bloody synchronicities in 23. Burroughs discovered that the bootlegger “Dutch Schultz” (real name: Arthur Flegenheimer) had Vincent “Mad Dog” Coll assassinated on 23rd Street in New York when Coll was 23 years old. Schultz himself was assassinated on 23 October. Looking further into the Dutch Schultz case, I found that Charlie Workman, the man convicted of shooting Schultz, served 23 years of a life sentence and was then paroled."

+++++++

blackstormhawk

The Happy Squirrel is happy because he has done happy and squirrelly things. He chewed a hole through your $50 squirrel proof bird feeder, and then gorged himself on $15 worth of high-end fruit and seed songbird mix. Then he went to your attic, and for dessert, chewed threw your cable line and impregnated three female squirrels who are busy working on chewing through your cable and electric lines as they await their litters.

That is why the happy squirrel (any squirrel) is happy and it is a card of ill omen.

Sheri

How timely this thread pops up again - I was mentioning in another thread that I am doing a One Deck Wonder Study with the International Icon Tarot - which has a Happy Squirrel - and my husband keeps drawing it! It has happened several times in a row - he sees the deck and pulls a card and voila! Happy Squirrel!

My Man Keeps Getting the Happy Squirrel

valeria