King of pentacles in daily readings

rupadupa

I don't know how to interpret the King of pentacles when he pops up in my daily readings..I find it really difficult to read the King of Pentacles..Does it mean I'm being v.materialistic or being too practical in my approach? There's something very stodgy about this guy...He is wary, rigid and very concerned about finances..Could it also refer to my dad? But my dad is not rigid at all, neither is he stodgy..However, sometimes he wishes(He has told us this) he was more careful with his finances.. These days, he has finances on the top of his mind ..Could this card refer to him?

Penelope

hello rupadupa

Which of the "Court Cards" do you personally identify
yourself with? Maybe try to see how this gentle King
relates to that card, and so then perhaps learn more.

Elven

It could be your father, but it also could be anyone who has an interest in your prospects or prosperity. Could this relate to your boss? Is this you looking at your bank balance or making dcisions about your family or home. Are you thinking of 'planting' something today which will manifest later? Are you questioning your abundance? Are you doing something for yourself to improve your status?

Just a thought :)

Blessings
Elven x

ArcanoMáximo

For me this King is always that who can provide financial security or help.
i mean, for me the Queen is who receive the money, or enjoy it, the pasive one, and that who gives it is the King, the active one.
I always see the Page as that who has the seeds, and the Knight as who plant and develop the work, who water the seeds with a future goal...become the King!
So i mean someone may help, or there's nothing to worry about cause the economic state is safe, or "try not only control, but enjoy it too".

squeakmo9

King of Pents

Usually I see the King of Pents as a rather positive figure. He lends a nice stability to whatever he touches. Yes, I agree he can indicate a person who is invested in the material but I also feel he points to well earned maturity, whether your own or someone else.

crazy raven

King of Pentacles

Pentacles express material security and social acceptability as well as beautiful and valuable objects and of course the health of our body's.
If you know a little astrology, the King of Pentacles is an earthly man, representing, Taurs, Virgo and Capricorn. These people like to feel useful, contributing something practical to life. They are sensuous and have a strong need for physical affection and stimulation of their senses.
Pentacles are naturally attuned to the rhythms of nature.
Yes this may be a day to get your finances in order and perhaps this kindly gentleman can help you.
But maybe lately you've been stressed and have been unable to sit around and watch your garden or even the insects in it - in this universe there is never a moment something is not taking place.
Perhaps the King is asking you to take a walk in nature, to feel the ground beneath your feet and reconnect with the land for which you were created and born. Malkuth is the lowest level of the tree of life - it is a receptive container into which the spirit descends and finds 'root' in our being.
The King of Pentalces can also catapult you and motivate you to enterprise and achievement.
If I were to get this card for tomorrow, I would see it to say, be grounded, here and now today, watch for signs in your environment everywhere. If you are thinking of taking another route home, take it. Plant flowers, go for a walk in nearby woods or park and allow the King Of Pentacles to physically renew your strength. When you live in harmony with this, your incoming will will reveal your earthly endeavours. If they are financial, you'll see more clearly, perhaps you want to teach, learn, heal, serve, explore, the King of Pentacles will help you make these choices by finding what on the physical plane motivates you. My task he says, is to make you more conscious of yourselves.

Crazy Raven

ArcanoMáximo

Hey, Crazy Raven, a very good post to be your first!!!
Welcome and let me say you this is one of the best statements about the King Pentacles I have ever read:
crazy raven said:
But maybe lately you've been stressed and have been unable to sit around and watch your garden or even the insects in it - in this universe there is never a moment something is not taking place
Thanks!

crazy raven

King of Pentacles

Thank you arcanomaximo!
I've been sitting in the sidelines for quite sometime - everyone here is so-o knowledgeable, I swallowed and gulped hard when I posted.

I feel a little more confident now, thanks to you. Hmm could it be the energy of our King flows from you to me here? After all he's been through all the hardships of the minors and sits with knowledge, pride and great accomplishments.

Thank you.

ArcanoMáximo

crazy raven said:
I feel a little more confident now, thanks to you. Hmm could it be the energy of our King flows from you to me here? After all he's been through all the hardships of the minors and sits with knowledge, pride and great accomplishments
OH YES! It is!!!
One more to you!!!
I'm very proud to have done that and to have been corresponded by you in the previous post, cause for sure you'll be a great contribution to the human wealth of this forum, i have already read other posts of yours...
So much support and to prompt the ones that recently begin as the graciousness to know to thank is not perhaps one of the main attitudes of a King of Pentacles?
Yes, for sure you did it again!
That's why even when, according with what was posted in another thread, in chat forum, some folks are feeling that there are not many new things around here, i'm sure with Tarot that is impossible, and the new members are who can provide more and more new insights!
I love when newbies (in the forum i mean) dare to express what they think!
Thanks to be here!

crazy raven

Arcanomaximo

Thanks again. But being a Cancer and a great fear of criticism, I got in trouble with a queen with no hands. I tried to be as gracious as I could be but it was her sword that swooped, dived and grasped me - so as all crabs do I'm hiding where no threats can reach me, and once the aquamarine has done its healing - I'll be back - that's a promise.

Thx