Psycards Study Group - 39. The Cave

Master_Margarita

This image seems to owe a lot to Freud. A figure, possibly naked, hunches over in a cave. Thematically it owes a lot to the Prison card, but in this card it is clearer that the imprisonment is self-imposed. This card also calls up echoes for me of Death and Fortune. There is a Light, and a way out, if we can just...lift...our....heads.

The website comments that
The Cave is about withdrawing from situations and from life. It suggests illness and depression, a sense of despair. You need to hold on to all your mental, physical and emotional resources, and build your support network.

What do you think?

:heart: M_M~

.traveller.

This image is pretty powerful. I can feel the cold and the damp, the vulnerability of the figure.
In addition to the website's info, I wonder if this would be appropriate to represent a real need to withdraw from everything for a while.

Satori

I think this is also about a refusal to be born, or to grow. That we know there is more to know, there is more than what we believe, but we are not able to go toward it and accept it just yet. I would look to the surrounding cards to see where in the process the person was at, and really more importantly, if it was imperative to push the process forward a bit.