Elven's Reconnection spread

inanna_tarot

Hi folks! I saw the spread today and just KNEW i had to try it :)
I want to use the spread to reconnect mysel with tarot, and how they all interconnect with my spirituality. There was a time when tarot was a flurry of symbols and energies that permiated everything I did spirituality. The language of the cards and symbols were as natural to me as breathing. Then I think just as things happen I drifted away from that for about a year or so, and in that i've got out of practice of 'speaking' tarot. I can read but i've lost that intimate connection of tarot and my spirituality and magic... So thats the bkg for you :)
Elven said:
The Reconnection Spread
Card One: Reason for disconnection – circumstances surrounding the disconnection.
Card Two: How the seeker felt then – at that time.
Card Three: How the seeker feels now – at this time.
Card Four: Wisdom or Lesson from the situation.
Card Five: Action – how to resolve the situation. Approach to take.
Card Six: Outcome of Reconnecting – most probable outcome from your Actions.

Additional Card: If the reader would like to stretch here – they can add another placement to determine ‘action’ timing (optional). Relates to card Five.

Layout One:

*********6*********
*****4*******5*****
**1******2******3**
And I'm using the Druidcraft :)

card 1 - reasons for disconnection -2 of cups
We were madly in love.. it was a beautiful love affair, of tarot and myself.
But then, like all love affairs we fall out of love. A third wheel comes into play, and to be honest that was my boyfriend lol.
I fell in love with my partner more than daily practice and magic of the cards and I got a bit absorbed into it that I just didnt have space for it at the time.
Gosh this makes me seem so shallow or that my bf made me leave tarot, but it was my own choice as it was my choice to play with tarot again and realised what I had missed.
I just fell so madly in love that I didnt have any emotional energy left to keep that same commitment with tarot.
But now my partner and I have been together over a year you sort of start to find your own breathing room again, dont need to see eachother every day to feel secure in your relationship. And so thats how I can find that energy again for tarot :)

Card 2 - how i felt at that time - Prince of Pentacles
totally un prince of pentacles like. I wasnt defending what I was and wanted, I wasnt prepared to fight for it. In fact I just completely lost the plot, threw down the sheild and sword, the oh i need to keep everything I have and sort of flung myself into nicks arms lol.
But also, I was very defensive over other things in my life at the time, my druidry and the group aspect of it which I held as very important at the time. And to be honest, I probably took tarot for granted and thats why I wasnt defending its place and commitment at the time. Having had tarot around my life since I was a child you do take it for granted. Well I guess Ive learnt a lesson here lol

card 3 - how I feel now - Justice
Far more balanced. Like I said, ive been in the passionately in love and lose the plot stage and now starting a new cycle of how I can love and have a relationship as well as keep an eye on my spiritual development and needs. I'm in a place of adjustment too, to this new phase and to what is worth re-introduction in my life and what needs to be left where it was. And whilst tarot is one of the things I want to connect with, the ceremonial /kabbalah side isnt something I need with it to connect back with it in the way I'd like.
Justice has her feet firmly on a rock and I feel now that I'm definately more grounded to make better decisions and the consequences of them, rather than having love goggles lol.

Card 4- Wisdom/lesson from this situation - 10 of Cups
That if I want a happily ever after, if I want to be the tarot reader and druid and general person I want to be, then I have to make it. I have to listen to my intuition, to how my emotions and interests flow like the tides of the sea yet keeping in mind where I want to be after it all.
I look at the 10 cups on the table and just want to pour my energy into them, and that I can, but its drop by drop, cup by cup over a long period of time, not just pouring all my soul out now.
There are long term goals and short term ones, and my connection with tarot is a long term one. So I can forgive myself for having some tarot time out, knowing that its all part of the journey, and that my journey has a happy destination :)

Card 5 - Action - 8 of cups
That sometimes for all the talking, its the doing thats important. If I want to reconnect with tarot the way I want to, then I have to put the hours in and make sure I retreat and spend time intuitively with the cards and their symbols, opening my subconcious to the energies of the cards and my gods. Theres re-learning, but just constant learning. To be alone with the cards to work my intuition and my creativity, rather than feeling lonely and regretful with them, regretting how i stopped spending time with them. To use this time productively so I move forward like I want to.
again empty cups at the bottom of the card that need to slowly be filled with water. It'll take time and its not a one meditation and its over kinda thing, but all part of the bigger tarot journey i've been on since I got my first deck :)

Card 6 - Outcome of reconnection - King of wands.
Now this is interesting as in other tarot path related spreads I've had the Queen of wands, so maybe my journey is moving up a notch?
To feel the fires and enthusiasm and energies of the tarot flowing through me like the blood in my veins, the energy of the land in my soul. as I start to go deeper and make more space for tarots depth in my life, so it sinks in and doesnt become an aspect of me, but part of my whole again, part of the smile on my face and the gleem in my eye.

fab spread Elven, very practical and reflective :) Love it!
Given me lots of food for thought hehe.

Elven

WOW!! Thats some reading!
and I really enjoyed your enthusiams and self reflection with the cards, and your interpretation!

Thankyou for using the spread! :heart:

inanna_tarot

The pleasure was all mine Elven :)

willowfox

card 1 - reasons for disconnection -2 of cups

As you say a new relationship got in the way.

Card 2 - how i felt at that time - Prince of Pentacles

Totally absorbed in your new relationship.

card 3 - how I feel now - Justice

You have now had time to think things over and you have found that you really need to get back on the tarot path once again.

Card 4- Wisdom/lesson from this situation - 10 of Cups

To be happy in life then you should do what you want to do in order to make you totally happy within yourself.

Card 5 - Action - 8 of cups

Go seek what has been missing from your life, your cards.

Card 6 - Outcome of reconnection - King of wands A great adventure, full of excitement and passion.

Elven

Just out of curiosity inanna ... possibly the KoW could also be a person, and if not a partner, maybe a partnership with someone who shares your enthusiasm and has great creative teaching skills? Maybe you're about to meet someone special through your re-connection?

Just a thought ;)
Elven x