Forest Folklore - Knight of Swords

rcb30872

A man is holding the tip of a sword/dagger to the chest of an imp, you cannot see the man's face. To me this shows a lot of anger, and well, it is hard to determine if the man is intending to go ahead and stab the imp or if it is like an empty threat.

Whenever I see this card, I tend to see that you need to slay your inner demon, in a manner of speaking, to be able to make progress. The inner demon, your conscious, your ego, is always the one that trips you up, tells you things like I can't do this, I can't do that, I am going to fail, I am no good, etc, so for you to be able to make progress, in a round about way, you need to quieten or challenge this inner demon/conscious/ego so that you can go out and try something new. The inner demon/conscious/ego is the one that always gives you the sense of illusion and delusion, painting a picture that is just not true, more than likely based on past experiences. Sometimes we see things in current experiences, however small or remote, that are similar to past experiences, and we sort of make assumptions and have insecurities, and what not. If left to fester, then that will be your own undoing, you would always be on the defensive, I guess.