Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

sapienza

I completely understand. You've had such a great IDS with this deck though. Each roadblock is usually just a pause before some wonderful breakthrough or burst of energy working with the deck. Just relax, before you know it you'll be off and running again and all the wiser.

The Thoth will wait. I've had mine about 7 or 8 years and it hasn't gone anywhere. Glad to hear you like the green version. Who knows, maybe there are different versions of the green version. This has to be the only deck that has about 20 different editions. I went through the threads about it and felt like my head was going to explode!

thorhammer

sapienza said:
This has to be the only deck that has about 20 different editions.
Apart from the RWS, of course!LOL
sapienza said:
I went through the threads about it and felt like my head was going to explode!
Me too! But slowly I'm making sense of them . . . *ahem!* I mean, I'm sure they'll start to untangle eventually :| :laugh:

\m/ Kat

Bloudwedd

thorhammer said:
LOL We're all like that, mate - don't beat yourself up about it! :laugh: Are you gone entirely, or do you have another deck that you're considering for a study?

\m/ Kat

Well I doubt I will ever be gone forever since tarot burns so passionatey in my blood! But I doubt I will be able to do a strict IDS all way through. But ofc I pop in here once in a while to say hello to you brave souls that are still here! and there is always a deck that I study each day, although the specific deck varies from time to time. Last week it was the Legend this week it is the Bohemian Gothic. I am sure it will be a different one althogether next week:-D

Allure

Whew. I had a lot of catching up to do in this thread. lol.

sravana said:
Hey Allure,
that's very interesting! I'd be interested in how they map the Majors on to the seasons - that could be applicable to other decks, rather like the Wheel of Change Tarot Tree is another way to visualize the Majors.

Here it is.

Spring - Emerging: old ways of being leads to new growth: Magician, High Priestess, Sun, Beyond Judgment
Summer - Manesfesting: the bud of creativity is nurtured to frutation: The Empress, The Emperor, The Luminary(Heiroprhant), The Lovers & Chariot
Autumn - Relinquishing: letting go of habitual ideas about success & achievement allows the discovery of new was of relating : Justice, Hermit, Wheel of Fourtune, Strength and Hanged One.
Winter- Transforming: Evaluating and reflecting may lead to changes which are accompanied by some sense of separating from or drawing to a close a particular phase of your life: Death, Renewal,(Temprance in most decks) Death

...Lost two cards from my deck. The 8 of Wind Songs and the Hanged One. Luckily I still have the extra(blanks) that came with the deck. I have been using them represent the missing cards until my replacement cards arrive.

I have not tired of my deck nor do I desire to read with another. I didn't restrict myself from looking at others though. Tarot art brings me pleasure.

I don't what advice I can offer that is helpful to those who are struggling because I believe choosing the right deck is essential to sticking this out. If you have been working the deck every single day, you may just be burned out. Understandably so. Ditto if this your second or third back to back IDS. I try to get at least 2 days a week without touching them.

On my progress...Well, I have many cards to go. Most of the readings I've done are about serious/major issues. Certain cards come up a lot and I'm really trying to focus on learning the "lesson" than getting caught up on too many cards. My end date was Sept 15 but I doubt I'll be done.

peridot

Bloudwedd said:
But I doubt I will be able to do a strict IDS all way through. But ofc I pop in here once in a while to say hello to you brave souls that are still here!

that's how I feel right now. I've been crazy busy the past week and I haven't really been able to make good chunks of time for study or to visit this site :( I'm starting again today.

rwcarter

Well, I haven't gotten much "study" done with my deck since Saturday, but I am getting practice in using it for readings. So far I've done two and have 4 or 5 more pending. So I don't see "study" on the horizon for awhile.

SolSionnach

Allure said:
Spring - Emerging: old ways of being leads to new growth: Magician, High Priestess, Sun, Beyond Judgment
Summer - Manesfesting: the bud of creativity is nurtured to frutation: The Empress, The Emperor, The Luminary(Heiroprhant), The Lovers & Chariot
Autumn - Relinquishing: letting go of habitual ideas about success & achievement allows the discovery of new was of relating : Justice, Hermit, Wheel of Fourtune, Strength and Hanged One.
Winter- Transforming: Evaluating and reflecting may lead to changes which are accompanied by some sense of separating from or drawing to a close a particular phase of your life: Death, Renewal,(Temprance in most decks) Death
Allure, thank you for typing this up. It's very interesting!

I've been humming along with the Hadar since I got it on Sunday - it had been delivered on Sat to the apartment office, and I didn't check the mail until the office was closed for the day. It arrived about a week earlier than amazon.ca had expected it to arrive - I am/was psyched.

Recently I've been exploring a couple of threads on reading with the Marseilles: the Tirage en Croix Spread and the Astrological Spread. In the first, Melanchollic gives his elemental correspondences for the trumps in post 9, and I've been looking at my own arrangement of the cards re: element, because I'm not sure that his works for me right now. He has a simple, classically based formula for the elements:
Melanchollic said:
Elemental Fire has a fast reaction time, and long duration.
Elemental Air has a fast reaction time, and short duration.
Elemental Water has a slow reaction time, and a short duration.
Elemental Earth has a slow reaction time, and a long duration.
and the idea of reaction time + duration = element certainly simplifies things! Right now I'm comparing my choices with his, and meditating on the differences.

I've also ordered several books: Huson's Mystical tarot, plus 2 astrological books (on horary and on the classical houses) - the latter 2 because they will help me sort out the astrological spread. If you're interested in looking at the spread, Mel described it in this thread. It's an awesome yes/no spread.

peridot

rwcarter said:
Well, I haven't gotten much "study" done with my deck since Saturday, but I am getting practice in using it for readings. So far I've done two and have 4 or 5 more pending. So I don't see "study" on the horizon for awhile.

Gaining experience with the deck is another way of learning so I'd say that's "studying" and a lot more fun I bet. Good for you. :)

Hooked on TdM

rwcarter: doing readings is a form of study, it's practice! ;) I always include a period of just readings when I study a deck.. lol

sravana: Your much braver than I to tackle the elements! Maybe someday I will dive into them, but for now they are on ignore! LOL

I've gotten 11 of the Majors done for my card by card study. It's just humming along! I love how the meanings are so similar to my Camoin, yet has significant deviations from it. I feel like its that first sip of wine, where you sniff and swirl! This is proving to be a very interesting deck already!

Hooked

rwcarter

Thanks peridot. In addition to seeing the deck in action, I'm also getting a chance to try out some of the 500+ spreads in my collection, many of them from here at AT. In a few days I'll get to do a reading for bec with a spread he created. I'm looking forward to it and slightly afraid at the same time. :)

Rodney