Transparent Tarot - High Priestess and Moon

rwcarter

inanna_tarot raised some interesting points about the interplay between the High Priestess and the Moon. Since I have a scanner and she doesn't, I told her I'd start a thread examining the interplay between the two cards.

In the HP/Moon CI, the waning moon in the HP overlaid with the full moon in the Moon suggests an ending of a cycle. The Moon's normal eyes are closed to the knowledge revealed in the book in the HP card, but its third eye sees all. To me this suggests that the knowledge is not meant for the conscious mind, but instead is for the unconscious mind, which can understand and comprehend it. This knowledge may bring an end to the confusion that's often associated with the full moon.

Nothing really changes for me with the HP/Mirror Image (MI) Moon card because the Moon is centered on the card. In the context of a spread though, the Moon's face is oriented to the right now, whereas it's oriented to the left in its Standard Image (SI). So the image to the left or right may indicate what one should ignore with their regular eyes or may be an indicator of false knowledge that should be ignored.

When you MI the HP and layer the Moon over it, the image changes drastically. Now you have the waxing moon, indicating that which is on the rise. And now the revealed knowledge in the book is gibberish (unless you can easily read backwards). The third eye can see the knowledge, but still can't make sense of it, indicating that one isn't at the point yet where they should be able to understand the knowledge. The context provided either by other cards on this CI or other CIs around this one would tell me whether an opportunity to understand and absorb the revealed knowledge in the book was forthcoming and then the knowledge would be understood or whether the period of not understanding the knowledge was just starting and the knowledge won't make sense any time soon.

When you MI both cards, nothing much changes except for where the face is pointing. So now this might indicate true knowledge that one may soon be ready to absorb and false knowledge that one needs to ignore in the mean time. In both of the last CIs, the MI HP might also indicate that one needs to approach the revealed knowledge in a different way in order to be able to understand it.

Rodney

Attachments

• High Priestess_MI Moon.jpg
    High Priestess_MI Moon.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 204
  • High Priestess_Moon.jpg
    High Priestess_Moon.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 166
  • MI High Priestess_ MI Moon.jpg
    MI High Priestess_ MI Moon.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 159
  • MI High Priestess_Moon.jpg
    MI High Priestess_Moon.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 141

inanna_tarot

My ramblings of yesterday have confused poor Rodney! Im so sorry me darlin!

The SI of the HPS is the moon in its last cresent, the crone
whilst the MI of the HPS is the moon in its first cresent, the maiden.

The SI - CI of the HPS and Moon looks pretty, like the Moon has looked within herself to her own 'higher power' and has seen the book that is in the HPS card, and with her opening third eye and her magic she has given it for us all to see. And it is the Moons clockwise spiral that the HPS is working with. That to bring understanding and truth to a time of crazy and weird goings on, we have to within and find out our truth. Like a woman going crazy with PMT or having a wild woman moment during her bleeding time has to take 10 mins to see if shes seeing reality, of its her own confusion which is causing mayhem.
And in fact, I can see these too combined reflecting that special time a woman needs when bleeding, to be introspective and listen to her wants and needs rather than force things on herself, or others around her. Listen to the cycles and go with their flow than against them.

The MI of the HPS is playing with that anticlockwise spiral, so we have some very maiden-esque and even chaotic energy here. This is a time of planting and playing. To me, the different play between their Blue and Purple auras seem to say 'Faery/Sidhe' in my mind. (dunno why). That rather than fear and intense emotion, sometimes we need to look within to find laughter and sparkles, to find joy and innocence. Rather than disect the shadows of the SI, we need to try and catch them (very PeterPan eh?). If you find that hard to believe, try to read the gibberish book - and you will see where im coming from. (well it made ME giggle!). Like the only way to banish the blues is to laugh and giggle.

Ok, enough waffle - and hopefully I havent confused folk again

rwcarter

Yeah, I got waxing and waning confused. :| I'll have to revisit what I wrote when I get home tonight.

rwcarter

Original post revisited and fixed....