Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

All new de-enabling thread

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks




 
Sulis's Avatar
Sulis  Sulis is offline
believer in magic
 
Join Date: 03 Feb 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 23,197
Sulis 
All new de-enabling thread


Solandia likes us to keep threads below 1000 posts and the old de-enabling thread has got bigger than that so here's a nice new one.

The old thread can be found here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=107606

As before, I just want to start by saying that this thread is meant as a FUN THREAD... We really don't want to intentionally 'dis' decks so please don't get upset if you read something about your favourite deck here that you disagree with.

As before, please stick to de-enabling.
This is NOT the place to discuss decks you love.
Posts in this thread that are NOT de-enabling will be removed.

Thanks

Sulis and MeeWah - Tarot Decks co-moderators.
Top   #1
magpie9's Avatar
magpie9  magpie9 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Nov 2002
Location: High Desert, Small City, hold the Chilli
Posts: 7,733
magpie9 

<blink> <blink>
I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto...
Top   #2
victoria.star's Avatar
victoria.star  victoria.star is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 15 Jul 2006
Location: Merging Dreaming Waking
Posts: 1,543
victoria.star 

hello.
any reason i should NOT indulge in the William Blake tarot?
thank you.
Top   #3
Aerin's Avatar
Aerin  Aerin is offline
Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer
 
Join Date: 26 Mar 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 7,266
Aerin 

@Nina - Rumi

Do you REALLY need yet another spiritual path?

Have you SEEN those borders?

Also, yet another Rider Waite clone according to the Llewelyn site.

Just no. Really, no.

William Blake:

You can get your reading fix online. It's expensive. It's all renamed and everything which is likely to be v. irritating (Majors as well as suit names as well as court cards and an extra Major as well). V.v.v. irritating. "Oh you've got Forgiveness, Lightening and the Angel of Poetry." Huh? WTF?

Aerin
Top   #4
Manda's Avatar
Manda  Manda is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 Jul 2008
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 2,213
Manda 

Nina- The Minors of the Rumi are really, really small, I think even smaller than Medieval Cats. Most of us LOATHE keywords on our cards, well, the Rumi has keywords run all amok, in the form of poetry, yes, but they still tell you what to think. Stupid Llewellyn packaging also. We all thought the main color was going to be like an emerald green, but no, it is like a celadon color, think pureed celery.

victoria.star- Have to learn a new system for the William Blake, and it is rather expnsive, if you can even find one.
Top   #5
victoria.star's Avatar
victoria.star  victoria.star is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 15 Jul 2006
Location: Merging Dreaming Waking
Posts: 1,543
victoria.star 

thank you both for your advice.
i didnt know it was hard to find.
or expensive.
thanks!
Top   #6
sapienza's Avatar
sapienza  sapienza is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Oct 2001
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,680
sapienza 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravana
I really *don't* like the Meneghello version, and the LS one has those ICKY HIDEOUS GREEN BORDERS FROM HELL.
Seeing we're kind of still on the topic of the Vacchetta.....I have the LS version, which I LOVE (I'm even ok with the green borders for some strange reason) but I feel compelled to get myself the Meneghello version as well. It looks good on the scans I've seen, but maybe I'm missing something. Anyone care to de-enable....remember, I do LOVE the LS Vacchetta (not that I'd suggest anyone else get it for reasons covered earlier by sravana ).
Top   #7
Nina*'s Avatar
Nina*  Nina* is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 May 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 5,803
Nina* 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerin
@Nina - Rumi

Do you REALLY need yet another spiritual path?

Have you SEEN those borders?

Also, yet another Rider Waite clone according to the Llewelyn site.

Just no. Really, no.
But but.... that spiritual path really doesn't seem different from the one(s) I follow now.

Did I see the borders? Nah.... *off to check*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda
Nina- The Minors of the Rumi are really, really small, I think even smaller than Medieval Cats. Most of us LOATHE keywords on our cards, well, the Rumi has keywords run all amok, in the form of poetry, yes, but they still tell you what to think. Stupid Llewellyn packaging also. We all thought the main color was going to be like an emerald green, but no, it is like a celadon color, think pureed celery.


Ew!
Top   #8
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapienza
Seeing we're kind of still on the topic of the Vacchetta.....I have the LS version, which I LOVE (I'm even ok with the green borders for some strange reason) but I feel compelled to get myself the Meneghello version as well. It looks good on the scans I've seen, but maybe I'm missing something. Anyone care to de-enable....remember, I do LOVE the LS Vacchetta (not that I'd suggest anyone else get it for reasons covered earlier by sravana ).
Just download the images and colour your own. THINK how much you will LEARN while you do it. Think of how the colours will be CHOSEN BY YOU and special and different from anyone else's and so on. Think of the satisfaction. Think of the chocolate (oops, carrots ) you can buy with all that money... why are we still discussing this ?

Nina - you don't need a deck to keep you on your spiritual path; if you did, you wouldn't be on it already, since the deck isn't out yet....
Top   #9
sapienza's Avatar
sapienza  sapienza is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Oct 2001
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,680
sapienza 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory
Just download the images and colour your own. THINK how much you will LEARN while you do it. Think of how the colours will be CHOSEN BY YOU and special and different from anyone else's and so on. Think of the satisfaction.
All I can think of is how bloody long that would take! I will colour my own one day, maybe when the kids are older and I have a bit more spare time......maybe. I bet you have the deck don't you???? Then again, I guess that doesn't really mean anything does it?
Top   #10




 

 


Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.