Brand new de-enabling thread

Sulis

Solandia likes us to keep threads below 1000 posts and the old de-enabling thread has got bigger than that so here's a nice new one.

The old thread can be found here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=117164

As before, I just want to start by saying that this thread is meant as a FUN THREAD... We really don't want to intentionally 'dis' decks so please don't get upset if you read something about your favourite deck here that you disagree with.

As before, please stick to de-enabling.
This is NOT the place to discuss decks you love.
Posts in this thread that are NOT de-enabling will be removed.

Thanks

Sulis and MeeWah - Tarot Decks co-moderators.

gregory

OK - so no-one is to buy 1JJ or Ricklef's Masters.

*well done Nina. No a Star card is NOT a good enough reason. Even if it WERE that great. Which it ain't. Actually it is rather horrid. Do you REALLY need new specs, Nina ? Or an aspirin ? are you having a migraine perhaps ?*

More work please - I am bored..... :D

Onward and downward..... })

thorhammer

Have at the Rumi, greggers. Price is not an issue; it is cheap, I love NJ's work and just divested myself of his OOP, self-titled deck, for which I grieve.

Why not the Rumi?

\m/ Kat

Aerin

gregory, how about de-enabling yourself from the Jumbledance...... you who 'can't read with magazine pictures'???!!!!!

Rumi. I hear it has bad cardstock with peeling edges and cracked borders. On a thread here that is. The borders are over-elaborate. And all that poetry - worse than key words, and dare I say a bit Doreen Virtue-esque?

The Chariot. "Journey forth from your own self to God's self." Do you REALLY want such lalalalalala things every time you do a reading? They'd be better off on embroidered samplers.

Aerin

ps No, really. This HAS to be Doreen in disguise. 8 of Coins: 'Don't undersell yourself: you are precious in God's eyes."

Nina*

gregory said:
OK - so no-one is to buy 1JJ or Ricklef's Masters.

*well done Nina. No a Star card is NOT a good enough reason. Even if it WERE that great. Which it ain't. Actually it is rather horrid. Do you REALLY need new specs, Nina ? Or an aspirin ? are you having a migraine perhaps ?*

More work please - I am bored..... :D

Onward and downward..... })
Migraine? Actually that cold shower you made me take...........

In the meantime I almost (ALMOST) got interested in the Wheel of Change, but I think I managed to de-enable myself here; what's up with that Temperance... :bugeyed:

gregory

thorhammer said:
Have at the Rumi, greggers. Price is not an issue; it is cheap, I love NJ's work and just divested myself of his OOP, self-titled deck, for which I grieve.

Why not the Rumi?

\m/ Kat
Crap black fabric bag. Daft Llewellyn box - WHY do they do this ?)

Distracting Meaningful Pomes on each card (they really DO give me the pip.... - Aerin is right there..) More later; have to rescue friend from bus !

I will try your wiles on Jumbledance if anyone ever offers it to me ! }) NOT likely !

weaver

thorhammer said:

Why not the Rumi?

\m/ Kat
I'll give it a go! Firstly, I love Nigel Jackson't artwork, especially the luminous color-work found in his earlier decks.

This is where for me, the Rumi Tarot begins to fall short. Given the deck's subject matter, I understand the reason he employed the palette that he did, but what was doubtless intended to look richly jewel-like falls way short of its intended goal, I think.

Aesthetics aside, I can not imagine who, other than collectors, the Rumi Tarot is intended for. It certainly doesn't work as a reading deck. Regrettably, and inexplicably, I think it falls way short as a potential tool for meditation, too. (This is coming from a person who appreciates Rumi's writing and who uses Tarot as part of my morning meditation daily.)

From my perspective, this deck misses its intended mark. (Whatever that was!) I acquired it through a trade, did my best to learn to shake hands with it, realized I would NEVER EVER use it, and promptly sold it.

If I were you, I'd look to replacing the Nigel Jackson deck you parted with rather than purchase this one. Yes, it will cost you more money but, at least, you'll have a deck worth owning.

gregory

weaver said:
If I were you, I'd look to replacing the Nigel Jackson deck you parted with rather than purchase this one. Yes, it will cost you more money but, at least, you'll have a deck worth owning.
YOU CAN'T SAY THAT !!!!!

cardlady22

Re: the Rumi

Even out here in the boonies, the chain bookstore tried pawning their stock off in the center of the literature display, for goodness sakes!

AJ

thorhammer said:

Why not the Rumi?

\m/ Kat
Reading NJ's responses to some issues in a recent thread ruined this deck for me. I also have issues with some of his translations, they seem skewed to fit the card rather than chosen for their appropriateness. It resides on my trade list.