New Deck Interview- Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg

Amary

A little backstory- I dreamed about this deck at random last night- and this morning, a friend brought it to my house and said she couldn't use it anymore- did I want to trade?

So I am VERY interested in finding out why I need this deck.

1: The most important thing about the deck: The Lovers. I take this to mean that the deck is good at seeing both sides of an issue, and at acknowledging duality.

2: Strengths: Four of Cups. I think this means that the deck will be good at helping me see things in a different way than I do now.

3: Weaknesses: The Moon. This deck may confuse me, or I may misunderstand the message it's trying to give me.

4: What it's here to teach me: Four of Coins. I think it's got something to do with helping me protect what I already have, perhaps to stop spending so much time and energy on everything outside myself- but that doesn't quite feel right. I think I'm missing something here.

5: How can I best work with the deck: Seven of Coins, R. I actually see this as saying that it's not time yet for me to do anything with the deck; I'm not grown enough yet for that particular harvest.

6: The potential outcome of our working relationship: Knight of Coins, R. Here, I've got nothing. I kind of feel like it's echoing the sentiment of the Seven of Coins, only more strongly: "You Shall Not Pass!" but I'm really drawing a blank otherwise.

Help!

dimwem

I think that this reading is showing you how well balanced it is. The lovers are polars, one matching the other. I see 4's (Cups and Coins in your reading) as being stable foundations, like a table has 4 legs, a car has 4 wheels, a house has 4 corners. As for the Moon as a weakness, perhaps this deck will show you all of its sides and you need to remember that it will have phases where it will be tugging on you or repelling you like the tide. My LWB says that the Moon suggests uncanny dreams, which I found ironic :).

I like your thoughts on the 7 and Knight of Coins. Maybe it wants you to have it and study it without using it as your main deck for a while. Let it tell you when you're ready to read with it.