Boltcutter RWS Study Group~5 of Pentacles

minrice

Briar Rose said:
On the Five of Pents I see hope, with the heart on the window.

I just love this card. It is quite a stark card, all dark stone (again I LOVE the textures this deck has! and a snowy street. A lone person hobbles along with a staff, the strain of life evident by the lines on their face.

But then there is this beautiful, colorful stained glass window in the middle of the card. To me in the Dark deck the 5 of Pentacles is the card with the most color in it. Other cards have a touch of color in a few shades to them to liven them up (like the Ace Swords, 4 Cups) but the use of color in the 5 Pents is quite powerful.

The window has every color in it, with that bright winged heart on the top of the tree of life. It's as though the glorious paradise of the 10 Pentacles lies just on the other side of the window, and we are seeing a glimpse of it through the window.

Has the man been turned away from paradise or is he rejecting it? He walks alone...on purpose?

Briar Rose

Wow, deep minrice. I feel that the card tells that if the man has faith (because of the window picture) then he will have less of a burden. The light is shinning on him, and also on the snow! I just notice this. There is another shadow in the snow, the heart wings perhaps?