Boltcutter RWS Study Group~Death

minrice

Briar Rose said:
Why the Spade on the Death card?
My guess is that the spade is here because the Ace of Spades in a deck of playing cards is also known as the "Death Card". I knew that before but didn't know why it was called the Death card! Soooo, I found the following on askville.amazon.com...

"Ace - 1) When the Apex or point of the Spade points up in the reading it means a conclusion, an ending. Considered the Death Card, meaning the death of circumstances, not people, 90% of the time. Remember, with death, there is always a new beginning. Death in reading cards is a door offering a new beginning. 2) Apex pointing down: The card is telling you about someone or something at a distance, not in this location, usually quite far away."

I think #2 is interesting because it can add another dimension to a reading when this card shows up reversed, with the spade pointed down, particularly with the mountains in the distance!

I do wish the rose here was more pronounced, in the Dark deck at least it looks a bit fuzzed out. Fading I guess, maybe that's the point? lol.
Honestly the 6 Wands feels more like a traditional RWS death card to me. The figure in that 6 is very skeletal looking.

Briar Rose

Thank you for looking that up minrice. I appreciate your time.