Upcoming love spread

13Monkeez

Hello all! I hope everyone is experiencing a bright and beautiful Spring thus far :)

This is my first post here, although I have been reading Tarot cards for some time. This is the first reading in quite some time that has unnerved me, and that I am finding it difficult to interpret for myself. Because it's a spread that I found here, I decided to share it and hopefully get a bit of feedback, as I might be blinded by my own insight lol.

This is the coming love spread, yet for all the world it appears to me to refer to someone with whom I had a relationship which ended a few months ago, though he and I remain friends. He is now engaged to someone else, and I wish him nothing but the best, so I am a bit clueless as to why the cards would point to him...or perhaps they actually point to someone very much like him. Either way, as I turned each card over I got this very unsettled feeling. There are some very strong cards in this particular reading, I very rarely get a reading that has so many "life altering" and "destiny/fate" related cards.

Here is the spread, and the cards that I drew.

Coming Love Interest Spread

1 - Who is your coming love interest. -The Tower
2 - His/her work, job. -5 of Wands
3 - His/her quality. -Wheel of Fortune
4 - His/her flaw. -The Hierophant
5 - His/her look. -5 of cups
6 - What he/she will think of you the first time you will meet. -Ace of Cups
7 - What you will think of him/her the first time you will meet. -The Fool
8 - His/her feelings for you. -The High Priestess
9 - Your feelings for him/her. -Temperance
10 - The strength of your relationship. -6 of Coins
11 - The weakness of your relationship. -10 of Swords
12 - Love potential in long term. -Death

Perhaps I see the similarities in him as I have to admit our relationship was tumultuous at times. But in addition, card 1 fits his current situation(abrupt change in jobs to a lower paying one, moved out of his house, getting married suddenly), card 2 he does work at a hard job and there tend to be alot of arguments there, card 3, he is a big believer in destiny and fate, and he believes certain people are destined to meet and/or be together, and 4 religion could be considered his biggest flaw because he has a constant inner struggle about religion, his faith, both a bitterness and an awe with religion, and it is something he is always seeking more truths on...religion is one of the things that is an "identifier" of him because it is a subject he frequently brings up. Card 5 confuses me because it describes the "look", but brokenhearted isn't really a "look" per se, more an inner part.

*edit*

My apologies I seemed to have missed part of the post lol

Card 6 is the Ace of Cups, which to me has always symbolized what we "feel" when we first fall in love. A beginning, the hope it holds. This is probably the most positive card in this reading, and the least confusing lol. The 7th card is The Fool. This card actually captures the essense of me and how I feel towards love and relationships, because sometimes entering a relationship does require a leap of faith. To me, seeing this card is reiterating to me that is exactly what I need to have. And considering all of the rather dramatic cards surrounding it, I can see where it is actually the perfect card for me to draw for myself in this reading. Card 9 stood out among the cards pretty heavy for me for a couple of reasons. First of all it's sort of the card of intuition, and I do try to listen to mine. 2nd because this card has shown up for me in readings a great deal in the last year, and what always draws my eye is the fact that on the card are the initials of the person I was formerly in a relationship with. I think that itself might also "cloud" my insight. The next card also shows up alot for me but it always has, because I am a Libra I believe(I also see the Justice card alot in readings)and the card is sort of a reminder about keeping a balance.

Card 10 is very interesting, because myself and our circle(him included)are currently involved with a charitable event. I am thinking that this means that whomever this card does point to would be like minded in that. The 10 of swords is also a bit unnerving, because it's a card of problems obviously, and then of course the final card being the Death card, which I do realize generally symbolizes a sudden change, a transition, from one thing to another.

The reading, to me, is unnerving because it seems to be about as filled with future drama as any soap opera. I think one reason I see alot of parallels to the former relationship is that there was quite a bit of drama between us. He is a very dramatic person, and I sometimes admit I associate drama with him lol. My final interpretation of these cards can be no less than confusion though. It looks almost to be a reading full of beginnings, ends, beginning agains, and more ends, if that makes any sense at all.

I don't know if this reading is referring directly to him, or to someone very much like him, but the large number of major arcana cards here, and the meaning of those cards, and the "feeling" I got when I opened up this reading make me a bit apprehensive. I am hoping that eyes outside of the situation might be able to give me a little insight into this particular reading, as I have a strong feeling that the message contained within these cards is important, but that I am not able to completely see it. I would very much appreciate any insight that anyone is willing to share on this one.

13Monkeez

My apologies for forgetting to mention, this was read with the Ryder Waite deck

Alta

Moderator note:

Hi 13Monkeez ,

Could you give us your takes on cards 6 through 12 please?

Thanks,
Alta
co-Moderator, Your Readings

Annia

Hi 13 Monkeez and welcome :)

I can calm you, the way I see these card, it's a new guy who might have the same characteristics as the other one had. But don't we always fall for the same guy ;)

1 - Who is your coming love interest. -The Tower
Someone who will open your eyes and change your view completly.
Someone who can take rip down those walls you might have put up around you for a new love after the old one left.

2 - His/her work, job. -5 of Wands

For some reason, my first thought was a politician ;) He's someone who has to defend himself or his work a lot and who does so with passion.

3 - His/her quality. -Wheel of Fortune
He takes life as it comes and doesn't try to press things.

4 - His/her flaw. -The Hierophant
He likes to be a smartypants who tells others how things could be done better (I interprete it like this as it's supposed to be a flaw)

5 - His/her look. -5 of cups
I have never read a look of someone in cards, but I'd say dark hair and a bit gloomy ;)

6 - What he/she will think of you the first time you will meet. -Ace of Cups
Love at first sight. So I doubt it that you know him, cause this is obviously a starting card. Else, I would have seen 6 of cups here, f.ex.

7 - What you will think of him/her the first time you will meet. -The Fool
Another starting card, which is good. No prejudices, you start at zero. (so again, no one you know)
You see him as a happy go lucky kind of guy, a joker, but he interests you and you think he might be the one who could take you into a new world, show you things you've never seen.
This also doubles the Wheel of Fortune, he steps into the world and then sees what happens. (Which doesn't mean that he's careless however)

8 - His/her feelings for you. -The High Priestess
He respects you is the least I can say here ;) I have often troubles reading the High Priestress, but I'd say he has an intuitive feeling that this is the right thing :)

9 - Your feelings for him/her. -Temperance
You're not head over heals, however, it could be the right mixture of what you need.

10 - The strength of your relationship. -6 of Coins
I'd say it's a giving and taking. Sometimes, you're the donator and he's the one kneelign and sometime's it's the other way around.

11 - The weakness of your relationship. -10 of Swords
Since he's the Tower, I believe that you have to throw your old believes overboard to get together.
He might not be what you are looking for at first choice and you need to delete those thoughts of your old boyfriend and throw that tower down, before you can start a new love.

12 - Love potential in long term. -Death

You're gonna close the chapter with your old lover and are ready to start a new life with the new guy.

I must say though, I thought a lot about those two last cards, because they could also have meant that this is a short lived relationship which will come to a sudden end.
But I always interprete Death as a positive card, so i believe that this is a good thing. :)

13Monkeez

I did post the rest of my interpretation...my apologies.

13Monkeez

Ty Annia...definately some refreshing insight...

I think the strong theme of dramatic cards is what unnerved me...sort of a thought of "Oh no I really don't want to deal with major drama again at this point" lol...the guy I was dating and I do really well just being friends lol...but not so much worried about him(like I said he's getting married)...just you know, don't want same relationship different guy either, if that makes sense. I will say though, I was glad that the Moon didn't also show up in this particular reading lol.

Annia

just you know, don't want same relationship different guy either, if that makes sense

that does make sense, I can totally relate to that ;)
I wish you all the best :x

13Monkeez

Well thank you, and thank you again for taking the time to read this.

I do like getting feedback on readings sometimes because I find that it does open my mind to possibilities that I might not have seen myself.