Summer solstice spread--Confused

Carla

Summer solstice spread--what's up with 3 of Swords!

I did a summer solstice spread with Druidcraft and a couple of the points are confusing me. I asked for clarifiers for each of the 4 cards I drew.

1-What in my life do I need to see more clearly? TOWER, clarifier Prince of Pentacles
I think this means I need to look more closely at my tendency to be slow and plodding and take the safe way; I think this method of handling life is about to get a shake up, but it might be an internal one, since I need to look for it.

2-What in my life am I trying to force into happening, when instead I should stand still and be patient? HIGH PRIEST, clarifier High Priestess
I'm trying to learn too much too fast about tarot and occultism. There is a lifetime to learn. And to reinforce this, the High Priestess!

3--What in my life is fertile and productive now? Where are my opportunities for growth? 3 of SWORDS, clarifier 2 of Cups
There's more potential for transformation here, but through pain and heartbreak? What pain and heartbreak? In relationships? :( I'm not sure what to think.

4-What is waning in my life? What do I need to release? QUEEN OF CUPS, clarifier The Fool To be honest I have no clue what this means. My desire to be healing and nurturing? But I don't want to release that. And what has the fool got to do with it? My potential is waning? This all looks pretty dire. What does it mean?

BodhiSeed

Hi Carla!:) Here's my two cents:

1. The Tower to me means that I have built some kind of protection around myself. The problem is that the protection is an illusion. Perhaps I think religion, a job, a relationship, an education, etc. will protect me from fear, loneliness, instability, (fill in the blank), etc. The Prince of Pentacles, while a very hardworking and loyal fellow, has a tendency to be stubborn and a perfectionist. Going back to the Tower, maybe you are stubbornly holding on to an idea, relationship, belief, etc. This may be what needs to have the light shined on it.
2. High Priest/Priestess - I think you're right on target for this one. True wisdom can't be rushed! It's like folks who want to take a weekend class to become a certified Shaman.:)
3. Three of Swords does deal with sadness, but because it is in the sword suit, it has to do with thoughts or words that cause sadness. For instance, if we replay what someone did or said in our heads, we just relive the sadness/hurt all over again that those words or actions caused. Sometimes, we carry our past wounds around and they affect our present relationships. With the 2 of Cups, this seems to say you are ready to let go and move on, so that you can have a fulfilling relationship that is not sabotaged by the past.
4. Queen of Cups - Ah, she is such a nurturing, compassionate person! But unfortunately, she has a shadow side - when her compassion has no boundaries. She becomes an emotional sponge, taking on others' feelings as her own. Codependency (my happiness depends on you being happy) becomes a problem. So to me, what might need to be released is trying to make everyone happy. Realize that their happiness is their job, not yours (no matter what they tell you!:)).
Hope this helps!

Carla

Thanks, Bodhran, that was wonderful! I do have a history of going codependent on people. Your interpretation helped me realise that I was doing that very sort of thing today about someone at work who cried when I had to talk to her about her work performance. She's very fragile and I can see that I've been worrying and thinking about it all way too much. And even cooking up plans to try to 'rescue' her. I had a feeling that the card was something along those lines...but I just couldn't get it to clarify itself in my mind. Do you think the clarifier of the Fool there was me being very naive about how much I can do, or throwing myself off the codependency cliff or something? :) Thanks! xx

BodhiSeed

Carla said:
Do you think the clarifier of the Fool there was me being very naive about how much I can do, or throwing myself off the codependency cliff or something? :) Thanks! xx
Perhaps the Fool means you're the one always taking the risk instead of letting others face the consequences of their actions. I think the "naive" part comes with you thinking that others aren't strong enough to handle life.:)
Again, just my two cents for what it's worth...
Glad I could be of some help!:D