My Present

MissJo

You know those moments when you see a spread and think: OMG I NEED TO DO THAT. RIGHT. NOW.
Yeah, this was it. I was looking for a spread to do with my friend who had questions about a boy of interest, and I came across one spread that caught my interest (but for my own purposes, not her's), which lead me to this spread. I feel pretty good about my interpretations (I think, things make sense...), except for the Two of Cups. I'm pretty sure it's more about me than a future relationship, but I'm not totally sure it's just that (hence, "perhaps it could also be this...!").

Question: What do I need to know about my present?
Deck: Mystic Faerie Tarot
Spread Credit: The White Collar Spread by Glass Owl

1) What crime I am guilty of: Knight of Swords
I’ve had problems balancing out compassion with intellect, leaning too much on intellect and not enough of compassion.

2) What limits me that I need to get rid of: Two of Swords
I’m avoiding and ignoring my problems, wishing and wishing that they’d just go away instead of actually trying to fix them. I need balance, to compromise, and to see things from a different point of view.

3) What challenges me: Three of Cups
I want to get over things and be able to have relationships that I feel safe in, but I have some serious doubt about ever being able to achieve a safe, fulfilling relationship now.

4) What I can count on when I need help: The Star
I’ve been going through a pretty rough time: betrayal, anger, depression, guilt, heart break and loss have shadowed me for what seems like such a very long time, and I need to find forgiveness in my heart. The Star promises that I soon will be able to forgive and let go of all these damaging memories and emotions, there will be a time of peace, love, and healing, and my friends will prove to be very valuable to me.

5) What I miss: The Lovers
I miss love, I miss harmony, I miss having people in my life that I can trust and feel safe with.

6) What I wish to acquire or keep: Wheel of Fortune
I wish to trust fate, I want my life to turn around and I want good things to start happening to me. I want to make things better in my life instead of just wishing they’d get better, to be able to accept and handle the bad without thinking that it is so bad.

7) What sensible advice should I take to heart: Four of Wands
I will obtain my goals, my wish for trust, for things to get better, for acceptance and luck… all of that will happen in time. There will be cause for celebration, and a time of joy and peace.

8) What I have that, when used wisely, can be used to my advantage: Two of Cups
I can bring the two conflicting sides, my heart and mind, together. I am empathetic, I have the ability to love and accept people regardless of who they are. Perhaps this card symbolizes the ability to forgive and forget, the union of opposites, maybe peace will be made and a friendship will be rekindled.

starrystarrynight

This is a good spread (and I, too, had to step away from the computer to throw it for myself! :))

Miss Jo said:
1) What crime I am guilty of: Knight of Swords
I’ve had problems balancing out compassion with intellect, leaning too much on intellect and not enough of compassion.
I see this card as conflictual energy moving in quickly and just as quickly receding. So, I wonder if you too quickly dismiss any person or idea that may hint of bringing conflict into your energy sphere.

2) What limits me that I need to get rid of: Two of Swords
I’m avoiding and ignoring my problems, wishing and wishing that they’d just go away instead of actually trying to fix them. I need balance, to compromise, and to see things from a different point of view.
Do you also tend to be a little argumentative--even when you don't have all the facts? I would see this aspect of the Two of Swords going with the previous knight, maybe.

3) What challenges me: Three of Cups
I want to get over things and be able to have relationships that I feel safe in, but I have some serious doubt about ever being able to achieve a safe, fulfilling relationship now.
What challenges you is bringing any emotional situation or issue to a happy conclusion. You seem never find anything to really celebrate--probably because you are too fast to jump back on your horse (KnofS) and ride off to fight a new battle all the time.

4) What I can count on when I need help: The Star
I’ve been going through a pretty rough time: betrayal, anger, depression, guilt, heart break and loss have shadowed me for what seems like such a very long time, and I need to find forgiveness in my heart. The Star promises that I soon will be able to forgive and let go of all these damaging memories and emotions, there will be a time of peace, love, and healing, and my friends will prove to be very valuable to me.
You can count on the fact that there is always a rudder for your vessel somewhere. You can count on the fact that you do have a true sense of direction in your life (which many don't possess), and things won't always seem bleak even if they do now.

5) What I miss: The Lovers
I miss love, I miss harmony, I miss having people in my life that I can trust and feel safe with.
Yes, sounds right with how you have read the other cards so far...Also, maybe you miss being able or willing to take some risks in your love life due to past injuries you may have suffered in this area.

6) What I wish to acquire or keep: Wheel of Fortune
I wish to trust fate, I want my life to turn around and I want good things to start happening to me. I want to make things better in my life instead of just wishing they’d get better, to be able to accept and handle the bad without thinking that it is so bad.
Right. The Wheel often depicts one full cycle...so maybe what you want to acquire or keep is the knowledge that there are ups and downs in life...but once you deal with the negatives, you can put them to bed for good and move on to a whole new cycle in life. You want to keep the ability to do that--and not get mired down in repeating negative cycles.

7) What sensible advice should I take to heart: Four of Wands
I will obtain my goals, my wish for trust, for things to get better, for acceptance and luck… all of that will happen in time. There will be cause for celebration, and a time of joy and peace.
I read Fours as pauses or resting places, so this makes me feel that your advice is that you need to understand that you are merely at a resting point in your life--designed to allow you to assess where you have been, where you are now, and where you hope to go.

8) What I have that, when used wisely, can be used to my advantage: Two of Cups
I can bring the two conflicting sides, my heart and mind, together. I am empathetic, I have the ability to love and accept people regardless of who they are. Perhaps this card symbolizes the ability to forgive and forget, the union of opposites, maybe peace will be made and a friendship will be rekindled.
You also have at least one good friend...one good partnership or relationship...and the energy for a positive reconciliation with a past friend or lover in the future, as well. Along with that, I think the Two of Cups gives you the intuitive sense to know when a friend is a friend and that one good friend (or lover or partner) is worth more than dozens of mere acquaintances.

MissJo

starrystarrynight said:
This is a good spread (and I, too, had to step away from the computer to throw it for myself! :))
I know right? Much kudos to Glass Owl, haha.

I see this card as conflictual energy moving in quickly and just as quickly receding. So, I wonder if you too quickly dismiss any person or idea that may hint of bringing conflict into your energy sphere.
Not really quickly, I had a fleeting thought it it may be about a person that's affecting this spread. Except it's also someone who I'm coming really close to giving up on and am trying (trying, not so much succeeding) to move on from.

Do you also tend to be a little argumentative--even when you don't have all the facts? I would see this aspect of the Two of Swords going with the previous knight, maybe.
Oh yeah, I can see this. I'm stubborn as hell... probably not a good thing.

What challenges you is bringing any emotional situation or issue to a happy conclusion. You seem never find anything to really celebrate--probably because you are too fast to jump back on your horse (KnofS) and ride off to fight a new battle all the time.
I can see that...

You can count on the fact that there is always a rudder for your vessel somewhere. You can count on the fact that you do have a true sense of direction in your life (which many don't possess), and things won't always seem bleak even if they do now.
That makes a lot more sense, a lot more.

Yes, sounds right with how you have read the other cards so far...Also, maybe you miss being able or willing to take some risks in your love life due to past injuries you may have suffered in this area.
Yeah, definitely right.

Right. The Wheel often depicts one full cycle...so maybe what you want to acquire or keep is the knowledge that there are ups and downs in life...but once you deal with the negatives, you can put them to bed for good and move on to a whole new cycle in life. You want to keep the ability to do that--and not get mired down in repeating negative cycles.
Oh yeah, I took one look at the Wheel and knew it was about that.

I read Fours as pauses or resting places, so this makes me feel that your advice is that you need to understand that you are merely at a resting point in your life--designed to allow you to assess where you have been, where you are now, and where you hope to go.
Considering past spreads, that makes a lot more sense as well.

You also have at least one good friend...one good partnership or relationship...and the energy for a positive reconciliation with a past friend or lover in the future, as well. Along with that, I think the Two of Cups gives you the intuitive sense to know when a friend is a friend and that one good friend (or lover or partner) is worth more than dozens of mere acquaintances.
Yeah, that makes more sense. That was the card I was really having problems with but I think that was due to said denial, the trust issues, and the past injuries.

Thank you a lot, this makes SO much more sense now. I had a feeling some of it was pointing towards a past relationship, but I don't think I wanted to admit it so much. You cleared up a loooot of things, haha.