Mystic Dreamer 8 of Pentacles

Myrrha

This is one of several cards in the Mystic Dreamer that are similar to the RWS images but different.... so different. I love that they are similar and I love that they are different.

In this card a woman is arranging a display of hanging pentacles in a room. The room is partly open to the sea, with a ballustrade and arches framing a view of the sun setting over the ocean. The sunset is dramatic with dark clouds and pink and orange light.

There is a candelabra and a table with art supplies and also what could be a small tea set or little cordial glasses. An artist's pallette is on a chair under the table.

The feeling I get from the card is that the woman is using her creativity to beautify herself and her surroundings. The atmostphere is sensual and romantic with the sunset in the background, the candles, and the sheer black curtain in one of the arches. She has dressed herself in a dramatic (red and black) gown that is long in the back and short in the front. This outfit stands out, even in this deck.

So the card could be about using your creativity in general and of course the work that goes into making things. here it also seems to be about showcasing yourself and your work. Display, presentation, creating a welcoming and sensual environment that supports you.