FSC ~ June 2011: nani & autumn star

strings of life

Hi nani & autumn star, you are partners :). Have fun!

Here is the suggested spread, it can be used for something specific or adapts nicely to a general reading.

All-Purpose Compass Spread (6 cards) via Glass Owl:

----4----
---------
5--1/2--6
---------
----3----

1. Question or Current Situation
Where you find yourself presently. The heart of the matter.

2. The Weather
Forces or energies bearing down on the situation presently, affecting it for better or worse. (This card crosses card 1.)

3. Recent Past
Where you were before. The foundation or root.

4. Potential Developments
What can be seen in the horizon. This is the direction the situation is heading towards and may serve as a warning.

5. A Step Backwards: Forget This
What holds you back or weighs you down. Reduce, discard, or avoid this negative energy to make the best of your situation.

6. A Step Forward: Remember This
What motivates you to grow and provides you with a sense of purpose. Nurture and embrace this positive energy to make the best of your situation.

autumn star

Hi nani :)

It's nice to be partnered with you this month. Is there anything you would like me to focus on in your reading? I have both Faeries and HoF - so you have a preference between the two?

nani

Hi autumn star! Nice to be working with you!
I would like a general reading =).
I will be using the Faeries Oracle because I only have that one with me, but you can choose the one you like for my reading.
Do you have a particular subject in mind or do you want a general reading?

autumn star

nani said:
Hi autumn star! Nice to be working with you!
I would like a general reading =).
I will be using the Faeries Oracle because I only have that one with me, but you can choose the one you like for my reading.
Do you have a particular subject in mind or do you want a general reading?

Hi, I don't have a particular focus so just a general reading please :) I will try to post your reading this weekend.

autumn star

Hi nani, here is your reading using the Heart of Faery :)

All-Purpose Compass Spread (6 cards) via Glass Owl:

1. Question or Current Situation
Where you find yourself presently. The heart of the matter. ~ Lady of Unicorns

The Lady of Unicorns is one of my favorite cards from this deck. This Lady has beautiful long dark hair with roses strewn through it, and a long unicorn horn on her forehead. Behind her are an array of unusual looking fae all crammed in together.

The Lady of Unicorns is guardian of the Unicorns and she rules over our longings, beliefs and purity. I feel that presently you might find yourself longing or wishing for something which might seem very out of reach at the moment. The Lady of Unicorns reminds us how important it is to believe - to believe in ourselves and that magic really does exist. At this time your dreams and wishes are still in their raw form - waiting to be turned into something tangible.

2. The Weather
Forces or energies bearing down on the situation presently, affecting it for better or worse. (This card crosses card 1.) ~ The Hope

The Hope features the Faerie of despair - she sits in the darkness with her head bent against her knees. She does not notice the spark of hope that is hovering above her. If she looked around she might find a way out of her sadness.

I think that this card fits really well with the Lady of Unicorns. At the moment you are longing and wishing for something - it might seem out of reach or beyond you, things might seem bleak and you may have even lost hope or confidence as we see with this card. With The Hope here, I feel that things might not be as bad as you may think, there is still hope and light it might just take a change of perspective for you to be able to see it. There is Hope in your situation, it might not be in the form that you would expect but if you look hard enough you will find it :) The Lady of Unicorns encourages you to believe, so these two cards together make a lovely combination. Have Hope and Believe :)

3. Recent Past
Where you were before. The foundation or root. ~ Prick Up Your Ears

Prick up your ears depcits a very cute rabbit faerie - she has a small pixie face but very large eyes and ears like a rabbit. Behind her are real rabbits with very alert eyes and pricked up ears, they are listening and watching for danger.

Prick up your ears relates to issues of communication and listening with clarity. She reminds us of the importance of listening, paying attention and not jumping to conclusions too quickly. As your recent past, I get the feeling that you may have had to be on your feet and pay close attention to the actions and words of those around, you may have had to be on guard in other words. Perhaps, there were issues around mis-communication or somebody not paying attention to what is being said and jumping to the wrong conclusions. Sometimes, meanings can be quite different from what we first suppose.

4. Potential Developments
What can be seen in the horizon. This is the direction the situation is heading towards and may serve as a warning. ~ The Queen of Laughter

The Queen of Laughter reminds me of Losgunna from the Faeries Oracle because she has frog legs and feet. She sits on a mushroom - all smiles and laughter. She looks ready to jump off though at a moments notice - on to the next adventure.

The Queen of Laughter fits quite well with the first two cards - I think she is here as a reminder of the importance to lighten up, to have fun and a good time. These kinds of experiences are on your horizon so be ready to grab them when they come your way! This faerie is always ready to leap joyously into new situations. Where-ever this faerie goes she spreads joy and laughter she is always up for something new. There are opportunities for fun and laughter around you so make the most of them - don't be like the faerie in the Hope card with her head bent down in her knees - there is a whole world to explore :)

5. A Step Backwards: Forget This
What holds you back or weighs you down. Reduce, discard, or avoid this negative energy to make the best of your situation. ~ Lord of the Forest

The Lord of the Forest is rather handsome in my opinion! For an older fae anyway lol :) He has an intense gaze and looks right out of the card directly at the person viewing it. He has different sorts of leaves in his hair.

The Lord of the Forest is one of the archetype cards - and he represents male energy, taking action and strength. I feel when surrounded by the other cards that this card is asking you to recognize your own strength, and the need to take some kind of action. As we saw with the Lady of Unicorns you have alot of dreams and wishes, but if you never act upon them that is all they will ever be. This is the only masculine card in this reading - the rest are all quite feminine so I think that balance between the feminine (your dreams, feelings, longings) and the masculine (taking action) is needed at the moment.

6. A Step Forward: Remember This
What motivates you to grow and provides you with a sense of purpose. Nurture and embrace this positive energy to make the best of your situation. ~ The Messenger

The Messenger is a very busy looking fae - he leaps across the card as though he is in a hurry to get somewhere - to deliver his message. However, the Messenger is also not very careful about whether he gives the right person the right message , and he often likes to deliver messages of gossip just as much as news.

Issues around communication seem important here, especially with Prick up you ears in the reading too. What you need to nuture and embrace is clarity in your communications, make sure that you verify messages that might come your way and take any gossip you may hear with a grain of salt. Let go confusion and miscommunication and nuture clarity and clear communication.

Overall, I felt that this was a positive reading - the fae seem to be telling you to take life by the horns instead of waiting for what you want to come to you. The Lady of Unicorns shows that you have lots of dreams, longings, wishes and ideals in their raw state, the Lord of the Forest shows you how to make those dreams into reality by acting upon them. The Queen of Laughter shows that on the horizon there are new developments for fun and joy but you have to be ready to leap upon them, she also shows the importance of lightening up! The Hope is a reminder that there is hope in your situation even if you can't see it at the moment. There are also two cards higlighting communication issues here - The Messenger and Prick up your ears - so perhaps creating clarity in your communications with others is important at this time.

nani, I hope that the reading makes sense. I am looking forward to your feedback. :)

nani

Sorry I didn't reply sooner (crazy week here), but I'll soon be back with feedback and your reading =)). I'll try to post your reading today or tomorrow.

autumn star

No worries :)

nani

Okay, so I have done your reading! But I didn't have time to get it on the computer (I have some friends that are staying at home a few days, so it's hard to get some time alone to concentrate). So I'll type it as soon as possible!
So about my reading, I read it when you posted it and thought about it since. In fact a week ago, I had a few things going on, I kept hoping they would turn out okay and had some troubles with my boy friend. Still, I kept trusting and for now, it seems that everything is working and things seem to be finally starting! I had a long conversation with my boyfriend and it went out well! So thanks for the reading it helped a lot!!

nani

So, I am finally alone and I was able to type your reading!!
So I got this :
1/ Question or Current Situation : A Collective of Pixies

I feel that this card is a card that represents collective effort in the hope that something might come or change. Maybe you are now in a period of effort or building projects and it is important to remember to keep up the good effort and light. So it is a good card as long as you manage to keep the darkness at bay, not let the efforts be ruined by a lack of energy that might result in hopelessness.

2/ The Weather : The Lady of the Harvest

The lady of the Harvest is a card that I like, because it is for me positive even thought melancholic. The weather affecting your situation seems difficult because things seem to end, and you have to start again some things or move on but you have to remember that the seasons are always coming and going and that spring will come again.

3/ Recent Past : The Pook

This card symbolises transformation and inner change. You might have been experiencing things that changed you or are forcing you to reajust to your environment. Again there is this idea of end, transformation but also rebirth. Change is not always negative, often it is the necessary effort to move on and be really happy again. Learning from experience is good.

4/ Potential Developments: The Friends

That is a great card. It is about friendship, love and support, light and merriment. It announces the arrival of great things in your life, maybe the reward for all the work you've been giving.

5/ A Step Backwards : The Undressing of a Salad

In this reading, for me, this card represents juggling between several things and a desire to please. The fae are all looking in different directions and it seems hard to keep balancing the globes. There are some threatening faeries in the background. I think the message I get from this card is that you have to stop trying to make compromises and juggle with problems and remember to keep all your attention on the thing you most want to achieve.

6/ A Step Forward: Remember This : Gloominous Doom

This card here symbolises goodness and pure affection. Remember to keep your spirits up and love yourself and forget about the voices that might tell you that you are undeserving or working hard in the wrong direction.

Overall, I thing the message I got from the reading is that you have to keep the effort were it is important, working with the people around you, but not let yourself be overpowered by too many problems and that it is important to keep some time and energy for you and a good opinion of yourself, and if you keep working hard to get the things you believe in, there will be a reward in the end that will repay all the efforts previously given.

I hope it makes sense!

And I've got a little more feedback on my reading. These last few days, it seems that you and the fae were right about keeping faith and remembering to hope. I got a few wonderful news these last few days: I got my grades and they were pretty good, and I got the university I wanted and my boyfriend managed to get his university and campus in the same city so I really am glad that all the work we've been doings seems to be paying off.

autumn star

Hi Nani :) Thankyou for the reading.

So, I am finally alone and I was able to type your reading!!
So I got this :
1/ Question or Current Situation : A Collective of Pixies

I feel that this card is a card that represents collective effort in the hope that something might come or change. Maybe you are now in a period of effort or building projects and it is important to remember to keep up the good effort and light. So it is a good card as long as you manage to keep the darkness at bay, not let the efforts be ruined by a lack of energy that might result in hopelessness.

Yes, I do work with other people and at the moment the whole team work situation seems to be going really well. We are really busy so, I will remember to keep the energy levels up and not be dragged down by lack of energy.
2/ The Weather : The Lady of the Harvest

The lady of the Harvest is a card that I like, because it is for me positive even thought melancholic. The weather affecting your situation seems difficult because things seem to end, and you have to start again some things or move on but you have to remember that the seasons are always coming and going and that spring will come again.

I have been going through a period of endings since the end of last year but I also see this card more in a positive light rather than a negative one. I think that the endings are for the best.
3/ Recent Past : The Pook

This card symbolises transformation and inner change. You might have been experiencing things that changed you or are forcing you to reajust to your environment. Again there is this idea of end, transformation but also rebirth. Change is not always negative, often it is the necessary effort to move on and be really happy again. Learning from experience is good.

Things are changing in my life and it's hard to keep up sometimes, but I think that I have changed as a person for the better. I can relate to the theme of transformation and rebirth in the cards.
4/ Potential Developments: The Friends

That is a great card. It is about friendship, love and support, light and merriment. It announces the arrival of great things in your life, maybe the reward for all the work you've been giving.

This is good to hear and I think that the fae in this card are really cute! I have been developing new friendships recently.
5/ A Step Backwards : The Undressing of a Salad

In this reading, for me, this card represents juggling between several things and a desire to please. The fae are all looking in different directions and it seems hard to keep balancing the globes. There are some threatening faeries in the background. I think the message I get from this card is that you have to stop trying to make compromises and juggle with problems and remember to keep all your attention on the thing you most want to achieve.

I am juggling so many things - work, study and all the other aspects of my life. I am pressed for time sometimes. I will remember your advice to stop making compromises and just focus on what I most want to achieve, knowing what I want most is the hardest part sometimes ;)
6/ A Step Forward: Remember This : Gloominous Doom

This card here symbolises goodness and pure affection. Remember to keep your spirits up and love yourself and forget about the voices that might tell you that you are undeserving or working hard in the wrong direction.

Thanks, I think the message is to stay positive and not get too focused on how things might not be going exactly as I want them too. I tend to get focused on what I don't want and like rather than the other way around so it's a good reminder.
Overall, I thing the message I got from the reading is that you have to keep the effort were it is important, working with the people around you, but not let yourself be overpowered by too many problems and that it is important to keep some time and energy for you and a good opinion of yourself, and if you keep working hard to get the things you believe in, there will be a reward in the end that will repay all the efforts previously given.

I do need to focus on what is most important, and juggle all these different things at once. I will try not let myself get too overpowered which is something that could possibly happen because I have so many demands on me at this time. I do need to keep time and energy for me too and have more self confidence. Thanks for the reading :)

And I've got a little more feedback on my reading. These last few days, it seems that you and the fae were right about keeping faith and remembering to hope. I got a few wonderful news these last few days: I got my grades and they were pretty good, and I got the university I wanted and my boyfriend managed to get his university and campus in the same city so I really am glad that all the work we've been doings seems to be paying off.

That's really great to hear! I'm happy the reading was helpful :) Good luck for university and have a great rest of your summer :)