Navigators tarot of the mystic SEA - 6 of swords

jema

This was the first card I picked when I got the deck!
Le Fanu helped me out with the details on the pillar.

What I see:
A golden skinned man takes a leap over a river. In his hand a sword and behind him 5 more are pointing at him. He is dressed in a hat with stars, an armbracer with a star and a lion on his thigh. Behind him trails a black cape and in his heand a cap of a graduate. He is leaping towards a pillar with symbols on them, I see a candle, a bell and a book, a pair of crossed swords and a sun/moon(?) In the ocean we see a submarine emerging, creating waves.

I love that this is such an active card, he is not simply being ferried off somewhere, he is leaping! He has a clear intent and shows bravery in the face of danger (like the lion on his thigh)

Symbolism:
"The pillar of true science rising on the right and marked with the occult metaphors of bell, book & candle, a nightly ritual of study which takes place in obscurity but which reveals true light"
The bell, book and candle was originally a ritual of excommunication from the catholic church. 'Ring the bell, close the book, quench the candle'

From the LWB:
Diving into the depths of the unconscious mind on a voyage of sublime discorvery. New creative ideas bring new comprehension. Free your mind of restrictive ideas and repeated anxieties. The future holds a change for you which conatins great intellectual challenges.

Attachments

• Navigator_-_Schwerter_06_-_Aufstieg.jpg
    Navigator_-_Schwerter_06_-_Aufstieg.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 150