Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Tarot of Prague

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

annik 
An strange animal

Tarot of Prague café club 10 of swords

A woman is sleeping. Her hand is near a skull. 9 swords are above her. One sword is on the ground, near her and the skull. From the angle, we can see a tower of a castle an a part of another one. Hitting a low point. Nothing can’t go worst than that.
annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
sunflowr 
Citizen

I wrote a few notes about this card from a reading I did tonight. It was the card representing where I am presently, concerning a relationship:

"at a low point right now. Being kept back from getting to my "castle" by all those swords. Depressed and just want to sleep. The skull feels like a 'death' of something. Maybe I myself am the one keeping myself from the castle (my goal) by negative thoughts and worries (the ominous swords)."

Old 15-06-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
baba-prague 
Citizen

I discovered an odd thing about this card recently when I bought a copy of Marion Crawford's "Witch of Prague". It's a very over the top example of late Victorian Gothic writing, all centred around a very beautiful, but frighteningly powerful, young witch. Not a terribly well-written book, but one of those "must reads" from the Prague point of view.

One interesting thing about this book is that the author is very specific about descriptions of places (she gives a lot of real street names), and the witch's home seems to be the house from which we took the image of the girl sleeping on the skull. It made me think again that this girl is a strange contradiction - is she innocent or guilty? I've always wondered if she is a simple child or someone who has actually killed the person whose skull her head is almost pillowed on. The image fits very well with the story in the book - the witch is murderous but capable of great love. She turns out also to be a bit childlike, and does have a major change of heart at one point which turns her from tormentor to victim. Perhaps that's why Marion Crawford set it in that house?

I like this image because it's so much less emphatic than the RWS one (the RWS Ten of Swords is not one of my favourites from that deck - always seems slightly silly to me). Everything is in question. Who and what is the girl? Why the skull, what does it mean? Will the swords fall? I almost imagine that the church bells in the tower behind her will suddenly ring out, and everything will change. I like the feeling of capturing a split second.

I hate to say it, but there is a small touch of "Kill Bill" somewhere in this card (not that the film was out when we did the deck of course LOL)

Tarot of Prague
Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot
Fairytale Tarot
Fantastic Menagerie Tarot
Victorian Flower Oracle
Victorian Romantic Tarot
Bohemian Gothic Tarot
Alice Tarot - 2013

Last edited by baba-prague; 16-06-2006 at 01:00.
baba-prague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Satori 
Citizen

Reading your post baba I think about the movie "The Bad Seed". Which was about a cute little girl who was also very murderous....and ultimately it is her mother who kills her.

There was a more recent remake of it with McCauley Culkin I think is his name, and it was a few years ago anyway. In this one it is two little boys and one is bad, bad, bad. Bad to the bone as they say.

I sort of always took the Prague 10 of Swords to mean that we sleep with Death/darkness/the unthinkable/unknowable/shadow side as a potential companion and reality all the time. We are capable of much, and until pressed we don't know just how much.

So tho we are 'civilised' and as sweet as lambs there is with in us a potential or an energy that if activated can be devastating. Such that we can wreak havoc or we can recieve the havoc...and either way become a sort of victim.

(elf)
Satori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
yaraluna 
Citizen

this card shows me most of the time a result of what you have sown. i see this woman embracing her own 'grave' of thoughts and delusions without noticing that the swords (thoughts) do not touch her if she doesn't pay attention to them . ...know what i mean?

yara

*IDS - Marseilles (Jodo-Camoin) with backup deck*
yaraluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Queen of Disks 
Citizen

This card to me is the ultimate rest card. You are at the absolute lowest you can go, so now is the time to rest. But you can't stay that way forever, because you still have all those swords hanging there, and you have to deal with them sooner or later.

-Stephen Colbert

When someone asks you if you're a God, you say YES!

-Winston Zeddmore, from "Ghostbusters"

ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD
Queen of Disks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Herzog 
Citizen

She's dreaming and we can see her dream, which is actually a nightmare. But she sleeps like a baby without a trace of anxiety. Then again, she's made of stone. To me this feels like resolve. She's been through the mill, learned her lessons and now she can sleep. The sword by her side might represent a compromise, or a decision she can live with.
Herzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today