Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Oracles > Oracle Study Groups > Sabian Symbols

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

MCsea 
Citizen

Just adding

That it is REALLY easy to get a copy of Lynda's Book with the cards int he back where ever you are from Amazon

Marina
MCsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #11
cardlady22 
Citizen

Is there any updated information about a fully illustrated set of cards?

Personally, I'd like a kit set where the drawings are in a coffee-table quality book and sets of rune-like stones or counters are used to cast & find them.
cardlady22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #12
MCsea 
Citizen

A friend of mine has just completed the 360 in water pastels
I think they are AMAZING!
I am not sure what she plans on next how she can get them in a book or cards..
will post when I find out.
Marina

Old 30-07-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #13
BodhiSeed 
Moving at the Speed of Guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCsea View Post
A friend of mine has just completed the 360 in water pastels
I think they are AMAZING!
I am not sure what she plans on next how she can get them in a book or cards..
will post when I find out.
Marina
You mean she drew 360 pictures for each of the Sabian Symbols?!
If so, I'm impressed, and very hopeful that she will be able to get them published.
Can you beg her to post a scan or two, Marina?

ETA: Even if cards aren't feasible, a book with all the images would be great (as Cardlady mentioned); you could add a couple of dice to make it a set.
Maybe something like these:
http://www.thegamestore.com/PhotoDet...tCode=19-13161
http://www.thegamestore.com/PhotoDet...tCode=19-06006

Last edited by BodhiSeed; 31-07-2011 at 04:16.
BodhiSeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #14
MCsea 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodhiSeed View Post
You mean she drew 360 pictures for each of the Sabian Symbols?!
If so, I'm impressed, and very hopeful that she will be able to get them published.
Can you beg her to post a scan or two, Marina?

ETA: Even if cards aren't feasible, a book with all the images would be great (as Cardlady mentioned); you could add a couple of dice to make it a set.
Maybe something like these:
http://www.thegamestore.com/PhotoDet...tCode=19-13161
http://www.thegamestore.com/PhotoDet...tCode=19-06006
I 100% agree and I hope she does get them published! she drew all 360... inspirational she is.. I think with dice would work too - I think in a book would be best for these drawings and they could be used for mediations and so many other things.. will keep you informed of how she progresses

Old 25-09-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #15
Aun Chand 
Resident

Sabian Symbols Illustrated.

Hi everyone, I am new here from Thailand. English is my second language I can read and make good understanding but have difficulties writing so please excuse my language it is not as good as it should be.

I am another one who paint Sabian Symbols I am half way through my second set. The first set was sold with copyright to a publishing company for 40,000 Baht (about 1,333 USD) about $3.70 each. The pay is so cheap even in Thailand the reason I do it is evidently not for the money. I am a true believer in Sabian Symbols.

The set I am doing now is for a Thai fortune telling magazine they are paying me 500 Baht each (about 16 USD) without copyright so that mean I can resell this set and most important of all I can post it on webboards or do anything I want with it with no restrictions. I would like to post them here but I don't know how. My understanding is I am not allowed.

So if anybody want to see them you can go to the link below you might find it enjoyable.
http://youtu.be/bNE8zOF4xWk
Aun Chand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #16
I Sunshine 
Resident

Beautiful Illustrations

Aun: Your Illustrations are wonderful! I hope you can get them published as a deck of cards... I for one would buy them! I think they would help me as I am one that needs the image to be able to unlock my inner eye. Thank you for sharing the link.
I Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #17
silverwings94 
Citizen

Aun,
These are stunning. I do hope that you are able to seel them here in the US. I for one would be very interested.I have been studying the Sabain Symbols for a few months and I too believe in them.
Good Luck on these wonderful and beautiful journey.
Namaste,
Kat

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength." Corrie Ten Boom
silverwings94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #18
Aun Chand 
Resident

To: I Sunshine and Silverwings94

I Sunshine and Silverwings94 (Kat) :
I Thank you two so much for your replies, they give me the the courage to proceed on, I spent a lot of time worked on these paintings and still much more to do to complete the set, many times I felt desperate thinking Am I just a crazy fool?. Reading your replies today I feel so happy and reacquired confidence on what Im doing. If I ever get these printed I would like to put your names on the Special Thanks page.
Aun Chand

Last edited by Aun Chand; 06-08-2012 at 09:18. Reason: forget to insert title
Aun Chand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #19
silverwings94 
Citizen

Aun,
I would be honored. As I said before they are stunning. Like Sunshine I too need pictures that help me to understand what something is about. Reading what a certain card means does not stay in this old brain any more I need to have pictures , and then I can understand and be able to turn that into what is going on. I too would be interested in purchasing a deck if you get them published. Continue with your work and don't let anyone discourage you or your work. You are very talented.
Namaste,
kat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aun Chand View Post
I Sunshine and Silverwings94 (Kat) :
I Thank you two so much for your replies, they give me the the courage to proceed on, I spent a lot of time worked on these paintings and still much more to do to complete the set, many times I felt desperate thinking Am I just a crazy fool?. Reading your replies today I feel so happy and reacquired confidence on what Im doing. If I ever get these printed I would like to put your names on the Special Thanks page.
Aun Chand

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength." Corrie Ten Boom
silverwings94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #20
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today