Spirit guide

Nappa

Ok so I was wondering about what might be helping me during this phase in my life and decided to try a spirit guide spread and see what showed up.

I am using the Paulina Tarot deck and am using the spread from this post http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=23957.

This spread uses 5 cards laid out like this

--2-----3--
-----1-----
--4-----5--

#1 represents the spirit, a little info about who they are
# 2 represents why they are with you right now
# 3 represents what they want you to know
# 4 represents what actions you can take and/or how you can help them
5 is a summary/outcome of the entire reading

So I got:
1 - Ten of pentacles
2 - Eight of cups
3 - Nine of pentacles
4 - eight of wands
5 - Ace of swords

So I have gleamed from this that its a woman with the same abilities as my own and much knowledge in it. She seems willing to share and would like me to continue forward into understanding. She seems to be a traveler more then someone who will stay for a long period of time. With the eight of wands I will learn from her but I feel as though I need to be continuing my efforts to learn and not put it off. With the last card I feel that what she will show me is what I need and that I will be successful.

I enjoyed this spread and will take a fresh look at it later today to see if I still see the same things or if I have missed something but I felt I should share this with all of you. Any thoughts are always welcomed.

Amanda

This spread uses 5 cards laid out like this

--2-----3--
-----1-----
--4-----5--

#1 represents the spirit, a little info about who they are - 10 of Pentacles
# 2 represents why they are with you right now - 8 of Cups
# 3 represents what they want you to know - 9 of Pentacles
# 4 represents what actions you can take and/or how you can help them - 8 of Wands
5 is a summary/outcome of the entire reading - Ace of Swords

I'm sorry I'm not too familiar with the Paulina tarot deck, but here are some extra thoughts for you:

The 10 of Pentacles would signify to me that this is an older generation family member that has passed on, or perhaps even, an ancestor of yours. It is most-likely someone in your blood-line.

The 8 of Cups seems to suggest that they are trying to give you some guidance about an emotional issue that may need sorting out, or left behind completely by you, to search for something more fulfilling.

I think they want you to know that you're beautiful, special, and unique. The 9 of Pentacles usually represents an independent and self-confident woman to me. The fact that you went from the 10 of Pentacles, to the 9 of Pentacles makes me think you shouldn't go too far back in your bloodline to figure out who this person is. Mother, father, grandmother, grandfather... someone fairly close to your own generation- but I think you are the person represented in the 9, so they could be referencing you as a child or grandchild, maybe even a younger sibling, to them.

This is a "get up and go" card, and somewhat opposite to the 8 of Cups. Broaden your horizons, try new things. This card is more exciting than the 8 of Cups, where in the 8 of Cups, the seeker is a little more solemn. It's asking you to respond more quickly/spontaneously to your life... enjoying and living in the moment, perhaps.

The summary of the entire reading seems to be presenting you with a choice... the blade of the sword has two edges and harkens back to the two 8s that appeared here in your spread. You can choose to look at the problems in a situation and find reason to leave them, or look at a problem's opportunities and act without delay in overcoming them. Where there is a problem, there is an opportunity to overcome it.

Just my thoughts, hope that helps.