Who Likes Fenestra Tarot?

Stark Raven

I was thinking of asking this when I saw people saying that they strongly disliked the Fenestra Tarot on the thread 'Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?'

Something tells me that there are likely more that do like it as much or more. I don't have it but do find myself drawn to its graphics, at least the ones I see online. Plese tell me of it, both likers and naysayers.

Bhavana

I do find it somewhat pretty to look at...but it is one of those decks where the coloring and borders make each card too similar in too many ways. If I bought it, I'd probably look at it once and then never feel inspired to use it....so i will probably only buy it if i can find it for very cheap. Like $5 or something around there. I really am trying to limit my collection to decks I really like and will use, however sporadically.

Le Fanu

I would bet that more don't care for it if I had to bet my life on it. It has many fans but it feels like one of those decks that doesn't bring anything new to the table to be honest. I find it very RWS (I love RWS but if a deck is totally RWS, I'd rather use the RWS). However, many people do like it and praise its autumn colours. I think it's probably a nice deck for this time of year. It has its fans.

rwcarter

I actually like the art and look of the cards even though the color palette is not one that I normally gravitate to. I honestly don't remember if I've done a reading with it yet, but it seems to me to be an imminently readable deck. (I may have given input over in YR to a reading done with the deck.)

When life gets less hectic and I have more time to join the reading exchanges again, I'm sure it'll be a deck I offer up to my exchange partner.

Annabelle

I like it a lot as a practical, working deck. It's the deck I keep in my desk at work for quick readings for myself, or others if they ask. I love that many of the characters look androgynous.

Myrrha

Yes the borders and over all color scheme make it one of those decks where the cards can seem similar at first. It is a subtle deck. You have to sit a while and let the card speak to you. Also, you have to be someone who responds to artwork in a way where the abstract elements can help you feel something when you look at the card. The colors used do have meaning in many of the cards, it is just that the colors are subtle and soft and the variations don't stand out sharply. You have to spend some time looking at the cards.

The facial expressions are subtle but if you sit with the card a while, they reveal a lot of personality. A few of them seem a bit cartoonish to me. For the most part though I am amazed at how Chatriya conveys so much in a face with just a few lines.

I'm not sure it is a great deck for those who want to constantly discover new, clever interpretations. It is more of a deck where you will be able to relate to the traditional iconography in a more emotional or meaningful way and go deeper with it, maybe discovering your own personal nuances and connections with it.

SunChariot

I was thinking of asking this when I saw people saying that they strongly disliked the Fenestra Tarot on the thread 'Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?'

Something tells me that there are likely more that do like it as much or more. I don't have it but do find myself drawn to its graphics, at least the ones I see online. Plese tell me of it, both likers and naysayers.

I actually love the Fenesta and now that you've out the idea in my head I am off to use it.

Babs

Patrick Booker

Yes, I like it. I have never used it, but it always gives me pleasure when I look at the images.

Patrick

Hathor

I also love the Fenestra, and the color palette contains all the earth colors that I've always breen drawn to. It's soft and non threatening, and the backs are quite beautiful. I think it's a neat deck.

Miss Divine

I have it, almost sold it once but I'm glad I didn't. Because it's such a practical easy to read deck. The colors are beautiful! I don't use if often, but when I do it gives good and clear readings.