The EX spread - Help with a few cards I'm confused about

sonjasingh

Hello,

I came across this spread by "The Unseen", which can be found here - http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2957061#post2957061

Its been one of those "missing-my-ex" days & I thought I'll give this spread a try since It is an in-depth spread. I am a bit confused about a few cards here and your insight into this would be very helpful. I used The Druidcraft deck.

1 Past, What brought you two together?
Queen of Cups
What brought us together was this deep connection that both of us felt for each other. I totally agree with this cos it seemed like something out of the world and sparks flew.

2-Foundation, what was keeping you together.
King of Pentacles
The commitment, the stability and the devotion we experienced in the relationship in the initial phase. Also, since this is an earthy card, I also recalled that both of us are nature lovers. he's the biker, hiker and an adventurer, who enjoys getting out every once in a while and appreciate nature.

3-Why you stayed with him.
2 of pentacles
I think this is saying that he brought me balance. And looking at the suit of pentacles, there was a lot of practical advise that he gave me and helped me gain control of situations.

4-Why he stayed with you.
Ace of Cups
This, to me, is clearly indicating that fact that he stayed cos he actually loved me.

5-Did he really love you.
8 of pentacles
This got me confused a bit. I see a young hardworking man in the image, who's gaining experience and doing well. I think this speaks of how he tried and put in his best efforts to love me and grow with this relationship. He worked hard towards taking this relationship to newer heights.

6-Why you wanted to be with him/what attracted you to him.
King of Wands
I viewed him as a visionary. Someone who had these great ideas and the passion to pursue these ideas and turn them into reality. He was very creative and I admired him for all these above qualities and more, which aptly fits into the description of the King of wands.

7-Was he using you.
3 of swords
Okay, I am in a dilemma. Either he was hurt becos of something and no he wasn't using me. Or he knew he was going to hurt me. I need a bit of help here.

8-Dispite his flaws, was he good for you.
Ace of Pentacles (damn)
he he I think there was a very good potential for our relationship to materialise into something solid and abundant had there been no silly mistakes from both ends. This relationship was the only best one I ever came across out of the very few. And the fact that things just started fitting in so well like pieces out of jigsaw puzzle, made me believe and I still do, that this was something meant to be. Ah well, we all have felt that way at one point or the other.

9-Why you split up/why things didnt work.
I ended up drawing 2 cards at the same things and surprisingly both were 10's
10 of swords & 10 of wands
I think things got too complicated. He felt overburdened with a lot of things. His work life started getting affected too. So I think these cards here show that he felt overburdened with too many things going on at the same time. And couldn't take the pressure of it which lead to the 10 of swords - end of the relation. More like he gave up and wanted to start afresh.

I also added a 10th card as per the suggestion posted in the thread by obsidian_queen

this card described what the future holds? If we'll get back together kinda stuff
And I drew - The Queen of pentacles.

CONFUSED. I am not too good with reading court cards, esp when they fall in the outcome position.

I had to pull out another card for clarification and I drew - 8 of wands

So combining them together. There is a possibility of an encounter or communication that will happen very quickly. And I will need to be slow and cautious about things this time. Be more grounded and practical (Queen of pent) and dont get too carried away, even though 8 of wands is great energy.

So these are my thoughts. Any help with your take on this reading would be appreciated. Esp the Queen of pentacles and the three of swords part ?!

Overall I was very satisfied with this spread. Thank you "The Unseen" for creating a spread to help one see the relationship in-depth and what happened.

Love

Sonja

tarot_red

It is precisely those 2 cards - the 3 of swords and the queen of pentacles that are worrisome for me.
The 3 of swords suggest that there was probably a third person involved who he may have had an interest in as well at that point. Or it may be merely suggesting that he was always going to break your heart (despite the connection you two shared)
The Queen of Pentacles as an outcome card again to me suggests that since this Queen is alone in the picture, your chances of being together again look a little slim. Although even if he does not come back, you will do just fine, so nothing to worry about.

sonjasingh

It is precisely those 2 cards - the 3 of swords and the queen of pentacles that are worrisome for me.
The 3 of swords suggest that there was probably a third person involved who he may have had an interest in as well at that point. Or it may be merely suggesting that he was always going to break your heart (despite the connection you two shared)
The Queen of Pentacles as an outcome card again to me suggests that since this Queen is alone in the picture, your chances of being together again look a little slim. Although even if he does not come back, you will do just fine, so nothing to worry about.

Hello Tarot Red,

Thank you very much for your input. You interpretation of the Queen of pentacles makes so much sense. And I am not sure If there was a 3rd person involved, however there was definitely heart ache :)

Thank you