Pagan Tarot LS XII The Hanged Man:

Mi-Shell

I am a little surprised, that so far nobody has written anything about neither the Hanged Man or – the Death card. I mention that here, because both of these cards belong together, showing the sequence of a ritual of initiation into the coven.
In the Hanged Man card our Seeker is being bound and blindfolded in preparation for her ordeal – the walking of the path of transformation from a novice to an initiate. It is dark and she now has to prove, that she has perfect love and perfect trust in the 2 coven sisters that bind her as well as towards all the spirits she will encounter while being led towards and then across the threshold and ultimately into the circle of initiates gathered on the other side in celebration of her birth. → THAT is, what we see in the Death card.
We also can see the threshold – the gnarly root of the old oak Tree, that divides the path she will be taken.
In terms of Tarot, She is bound – and she is not in control, has given up control in order to gain wisdom and meet the Otherworld.
She sacrificed all her adornments and also most likely a treasured personal item before the ritual commenced.
May she encounter Beauty, Wonder and Magic!

Here is the second part of the initiation and some more info:

Pagan Tarot Ls Death
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2992219#post2992219

Attachments

• Pagan Tarot XLL The Hanged Man.jpg
    Pagan Tarot XLL The Hanged Man.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 331

BlackMoon

i love this desk
it was a pleasant discovery .
These tarot cards are giving me a lot.
I must learn to know them better .

steamwings

For me this card is one of the sweetest Hanged Man's variation ever. Of course, this is about sacrifice - but what kind of sacrifice truly? She'll suffer a little and then get her ticket to the new society and power. That's remind me my own sacrifice with studying hard in my uni for the sake of bright future.

Usually Hanged man is about suffering helplessly, hopelessly without understand how to save yourself until the time will come. This one is about development with a little bit blind faith into another person who will guide you into the new world. But also it's very important to remember of The Star where Goddess guides our witch personally, without blindfold.

BlackMoon

As Odin hanging from a tree this card reminds us order to attain the objectives you must have patience.