Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Hanson-Roberts Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

mike gorth 
Citizen

Hanson-Roberts: Queen of Rods and the cat on her lap

I was just browsing through the deck and saw the cat. Does anyone know what the cat might mean?

Mike Gorth
mike gorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
tarotlova 
Citizen

I always look at the cat as trusting your deepest intuition exspecially the more wild side of your thoughts/intuition some times dark some times light.

Old 23-05-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Flavio 
Citizen

There was a thread on the RWS about Queen's cat. The main conclusion was that cats are the only animals not afraid of the fire, actually they enjoy the fireplace heat, so it is natural for this fiery queen to have one cat as a pet.
Flavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
gorgeousbutterfly 
Citizen

in " the tarot,history symbolism and divination" by Robert M. Place he states the queen of wands "her feline companion is the domestic represntative of the lion" . lions are related to leo, a fire sign, the house of the sun, and the ultimate ruler of fire"
gorgeousbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
Flavio 
Citizen

I did a reading about a business relationship and this Queen appeared as "Fears" position, the conclusion was that in this reading the cat showed a lazy business partner that wasn's as enthusiastic and active as the Queen (the other partner).
Flavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
EarthFaery 
Citizen

I always thought of the cat as independant, doing it's own thing. They are faithful companions but also like to be on their own, which fits very well with this queen. I've heard that some see it as representing the future although I can't exactly remember why but I suspect it's because it's said that cats have some level of psychic ability...like being able to see spirits etc.

Old 20-11-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
cSpaceDiva 
Citizen

I agree with the cat being representative of the lion. As I posted in the thread for VIII Strength, I see some definite similarities between these two cards. That cat may be sleeping on her lap, and the lion's head merely a carving on her throne, but this a powerful queen who can respond with force if she is ever challenged. I think she is someone who can purr like a pussycat and roar like a lion.
cSpaceDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Mateo06 
Citizen

She had once been one to tame lions, but has ruler of her own suit can't entertain he fantasies of adventure. The cat is a reminder of her ability to tame with fire. It is also her friend and companion. Just like the strength card.

Somethings are too dark to be kept hidden. Others are to brilliant to be revealed. Either one can consume. From the inside-out or the outside-in
Mateo06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
Girl Archer 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeousbutterfly View Post
in " the tarot,history symbolism and divination" by Robert M. Place he states the queen of wands "her feline companion is the domestic represntative of the lion" . lions are related to leo, a fire sign, the house of the sun, and the ultimate ruler of fire"
But what perplexes me is that, in the Hanson-roberts deck, there is the imagery of one fiery, roaring lion right above the king's head. Likewise, there is the lion imagery in the Queen card too resting beneath the hand holding the sunflower. So, which one of these cards REALLY shows a Leo?

Old 20-02-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
FallynRaiyn 
Citizen

I get contentment from the cat. Sleeping power. ......I have cats. too many cats. It doesn't matter how sound asleep they are, if they smell food, or you dangle something in front of them, anything, they are ON IT in an instant. 0-60 in less than a second. The Queen to me would seem to possess this, quiet and serene, but with an intense power underneath that she can access at a moments notice. ......The cat's sheathed claws would seem to fulfill part of this imagery too.
FallynRaiyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today