Horary DIY

Minderwiz

Hey!

You are absolutely right. I'm going to think about my question and cast a chart when I'm good and ready. :D

Is it normal to get anxious though? lol

Well if you are not anxious about your question, it is less likely to be significant to you and therefore more likely not to get a meaningful chart. Horary questions, like Tarot questions are not meant to be taken as trivial (in terms of their importance to you), so asking questions just for the sake of it, tends not to produce useful charts. A question which is of strong significance to you will produce a meaningful chart once you have got the issue clear in your mind.

lord_ewin

Very very nice things being done here...!! I've downloaded Morinus, cast my question: "Will our house sell within the next three months? (Mid June 2012)."

Now, I don't quite understand how to go about this, but here goes:

I did my own chart for it on April 10, 2012 at 10:49pm - in Orleans, Ontario, Canada (45.45N - 75.45W)

Significators:

So here's where I get confused... the main question is about a house, so would I use the 4th house as the first (Aries?); and the selling part as the 7th house (Taurus, but read is Gemini given it's getting close to Gemini)? Correct?

Fumbling around with my first Chart. :)

Thanks..!

6920488214_9ab0ee5de1_z.jpg

Minderwiz

a
Very very nice things being done here...!! I've downloaded Morinus, cast my question: "Will our house sell within the next three months? (Mid June 2012)."

Now, I don't quite understand how to go about this, but here goes:

I did my own chart for it on April 10, 2012 at 10:49pm - in Orleans, Ontario, Canada (45.45N - 75.45W)

Significators:

So here's where I get confused... the main question is about a house, so would I use the 4th house as the first (Aries?); and the selling part as the 7th house (Taurus, but read is Gemini given it's getting close to Gemini)? Correct?

Fumbling around with my first Chart. :)

Thanks..!

6920488214_9ab0ee5de1_z.jpg

Thanks for posting your chart, as well as the details. Normally the details themselves would be quite sufficient for me but at the moment I'm trying out a new Android Tablet and one of it's failings is that it can't run Morinus but if necessary I'll shift to my netbook (which is not so well these days).

Looking at your chart, I can see that there's a late degree of Scorpio rising (looks like 27 degrees) so there's an intial doubt over the radicality of your chart. Some Astrologers take this as an indication that the question was asked too late for the querent to affect the outcome, others simply accept it and for the moment that is what I will do - Morinus is accurate enough to get the Ascendant right, and your watch or clock is accurate enough to give a time for Morinus to work on.

So significators:

A house sale is quite a complex transaction (both in reality and in the Astrology). We have:

The vendor - you and as the querent you take the Ascendant and it's ruler - Mars

A potential buyer - in this case the buyer takes the seventh House and its ruler - Venus (Taurus on Descendant)

The House - this is your real estate and as such it takes the fourth House and its ruler - Jupiter (Pisces on the cusp)

The Estate Agent (if any) - who acts for you and is thus your servant - they take the sixth House and it's ruler - in this case Taurus is also on the sixth house cusp (which suggests they might be more inclined to the buyer rather than you) however as there is no planet except Jupiter (the House) in the sixth, I would give them the Moon (exalted in Taurus)

This list of significators of itself might confirm the radicality of the chart. If you are using an Agent, then Jupiter in the sixth probably indicates that the House is now under the immediate control of the Agent - a reflection of reality and hence would lead me to look at the chart as radical.

The next thing to look at is the essential and accidental dignities of the significators - of prime concern are those of the buyer (Venus) and seller (Mars) as your question is 'Will it sell'. Jupiter will tell us something of the desirability of the house to the seller (something about its physical condition as well) and the Moon will tell us something about the competence and motives of the Agent.

Taking Mars (you) first Mars is placed in the ninth House, not a bad placement but it could be considerably better. Mars is also retrograde a debility that might indicate looking the wrong way - that is missing the potential buyer, or it might mean simply difficulty in getting your act together. Mars is not in any major dignity in Virgo and its in the Terms of Mercury and the Face of the Sun. Mars is therefore Peregrine, having no essential dignity of it's own. This can put you at a significant disadvantage in the housing market - you may well need help to get the house sold (clearly an agent is the obvious possibility)

Venus is in the Seventh House (angular houses are much better than cadent ones such as the ninth) but despite being the Seventh ruler, Venus has moved from Taurus into early Gemini. This might indicate a seller who is no longer at ease in their home and therefore might be on the look out for another dwelling - moves are something on their mind - as the move from Taurus to Gemini has already happened that perhaps echoes the 'too late' degree issue mentioned at the outset. Essentially Venus has not major dignity (Rulership, Exaltation, Triplicity) in Gemini - indeed as she is in the Terms of Mercury and the Face of Jupiter she too is Peregrine - if the buyer is looking, they too will need help and again an agent is an obvious helper. One good sign here is that being in the Face of Jupiter means that you house will have some appeal to them. Being the lowest positive dignity, that doesn't say an awful lot - it might just be a willingness to read the details or even take a drive by.

So we have a buyer who's in a better situation than the seller but both really need a good agent to bring them together. This conclusion is strengthened by the fact that Venus is actually separating from a square to Mars(itself an indicator of things past and it's an aspect that is unlikely to effect the sale that you are looking for - if it had effected a sale it would not have been on terms desirable to you.

The house is signified by Jupiter in the sixth house of the chart. This is not a good position to be in as the sixth is usually seen as unfortunate and might indicate a property that is not easily discoverable to buyers. However, with an agent that might simply mean it's on their books.

Jupiter too is not in a good condition essentially. It has no major dignity in Taurus and is also peregrine being in the Terms of Mercury and the Face of the Moon. The only good indicator there is that the Moon is being used as a significator for the Estate Agent - but being in the Face of the Moon does not suggest that it is in any way a important priority in respect to a sale.

That leaves us with the Agent! It would have been nice if Mercury was the significator for the Agent, because Mars, Venus and Jupiter are all in its Terms but Mercury is neither the ruler of the cusp of the sixth nor in the sixth. So we have to examine the Moon.

The Moon is in Sagittrius and on the cusp of the second House (your money) This at least suggests some interest in the House (Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter) and also real interest in your money. However again, the Moon has no major essential dignity in Sagittarius and is in the Terms and Face of Saturn. The Moon too is Peregrine, suggesting that the agent doesn't really have a high level of competence.

Nor is the Moon going to aspect Mars and Venus before leaving Sagittarius so there is little hope of the Agent bringing buyer and seller together.

I've not checked for antiscia (I'll do that when I get back to my netbook) but at the moment the situation is not at all promising for a June sale. One thing that you might consider is possibly using a different agent, especially if the sale fails to materialise.

lord_ewin

Oh my! Look at all the details, I never expected that much so quickly. I'm rather embarassed because I was just trying to see how it all fit.

Interesting about the ascendant, and you did answer my question about Taurus. Thank you.

I'm also starting to understand the necessity of asking the correct question now though. The house isn't for sale, yet, so I guess I've been jumping the gun without realizing it. I know I have to move, I know we must eventually sell... The quicker then better, but we can hold out if we have to. So I have no agent, I had been thinking of selling it myself, which I think you did touch on... Making the house visible and the inexperienced selling agent describes me rather well at this point in time.

A better question would have been, when is a good time to put the house on the market? But then, that isn't quite precise enough either.

Hope you enjoy the tablet, I love my iPad...! :)

214red

yay more ipad friends!

i will be moving on to work on horary after the new moon, this thread is very interesting and cant wait to try it out myself!

Cosmos

Hey Minderwiz!

I finally asked the question. Two actually..
Am I going to NY for my next vacation (I'm thinking it should be around October, I'm not sure yet) and if yes will anything develop btw us (me and him) while I'm there?

Thank you! I hope you can help me out on this one, I really do appreciate it!

April 14th, 2012.
3:13 PM
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro

http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cg...gif&res=100&va=&cid=p12filemZjqVw-u1176326269

Cosmos

I'm having a hard time trying to read the chart. Since the main question is about wether or not am I going to NY so I should look at 9H right? Taurus. Venus is in 9th and trines Moon in Aquarius.

I'm Virgo rising at 8 degrees.. (too soon to tell?)
He is Jupiter (falling in my 8th) <-- is that too bad?

Mercury is in Pisces and doesn't make any contact to him (Jupiter)
Moon is actually going to square Jupiter in a while.. which can't be good, I think?

I'm trying to be positive here, what do you think sweets? I'm rather confused, as you can tell lol.

Minderwiz

You have two questions and these need to be answered in order.

The first question is will you go to New York for your vacation, if the answer to that is no, then the secong question is moot.

You are right, Virgo is your significator (in both questions). For the first question, you are looking at an international trip, so that's a ninth house issue.. Your ninth is ruled by Venue, conjuct your MC and the South Node. Venus and Mercury make no aspect. With Venus on the MC but afflicted by the South Node, it's possible that Work will in some way disrupt your plans.

Although that looks bad, it might be of some consolation that Jupiter is close enough to the 9th cusp to be treated as in the house - and Mercury in Pisces shows he is your main concern. The square from the Moon definitely hinders, though Jupiter is in the exaltation of the Moon, so there is some reception.

Conclusion: The trip may well not come off, possibly for work reasons. That suggests the meeting probably won't come off, though there is an outside chance, because of the Moon/Jupiter square but that suggests significant difficulties at best, frustration at worst

Cosmos

You have two questions and these need to be answered in order.

The first question is will you go to New York for your vacation, if the answer to that is no, then the secong question is moot.

You are right, Virgo is your significator (in both questions). For the first question, you are looking at an international trip, so that's a ninth house issue.. Your ninth is ruled by Venue, conjuct your MC and the South Node. Venus and Mercury make no aspect. With Venus on the MC but afflicted by the South Node, it's possible that Work will in some way disrupt your plans.

Although that looks bad, it might be of some consolation that Jupiter is close enough to the 9th cusp to be treated as in the house - and Mercury in Pisces shows he is your main concern. The square from the Moon definitely hinders, though Jupiter is in the exaltation of the Moon, so there is some reception.

Conclusion: The trip may well not come off, possibly for work reasons. That suggests the meeting probably won't come off, though there is an outside chance, because of the Moon/Jupiter square but that suggests significant difficulties at best, frustration at worst

Hey!

You might be right, there's no confirmation at all about when my vacation is coming. I requested October, November or December.

So it looks like I'm not getting off of work around Oct, is that it?
And also.. when would be appropriate to ask again? Can I find out through Horary when my vacation is coming?

I'm sorry for all the questions.. I'm just trying to figure this out.

Thank you!

Cosmos

I asked the question to know if I'll be able to go in Oct. So it's a no, not gonna happen around oct. or does the chart says I'm not going on my next vacation, period.

Does that make any sense?

Thanks!